What color scrubs do you recommend for shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drawingdentist

Dental Student
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am shadowing a dentist tomorrow and was told to wear scrubs. I do not have any so I was going to go out and buy them today. Any suggestions on what colours to get? Would black be okay, or should I stick to blues?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I am shadowing a dentist tomorrow and was told to wear scrubs. I do not have any so I was going to go out and buy them today. Any suggestions on what colours to get? Would black be okay, or should I stick to blues?

Thanks!
Basically stick to something conservative when in doubt, so black should be fine. However, normally you would want to dress business casual…

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think it matters as long as you look professional and the scrubs aren't distracting. I had to also buy scrubs to shadow. There weren't many option for maternity scrubs available, so I did the best that I could and one of the dentists there brought in her old maternity scrubs for me also. They were black pants and one top had pink, black and white flowers- the other had like pink and black bows. They were feminine, but not "cute." I personally don't think you have to look like you are getting ready to scrub for surgery, but I would stay away from cartoon prints or anything whimsical unless you are bubbly whimsical person that can pull it off and still be taken seriously. I would say personal appearance is important, but don't focus on that to the exclusion of everything else.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Granite look nice.

A lot of schools prefer navy blue, if you buy them now you may use them later

Reactions: 1 user