What did you actually do the night after the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was so beat down all I could do was go to burger king, drink a half a bottle of wine, and pass out! I kept thinking about partying but once I got home, I was like, stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Members don't see this ad.

Brickhouse said:
I was so beat down all I could do was go to burger king, drink a half a bottle of wine, and pass out! I kept thinking about partying but once I got home, I was like, stick a fork in me, I'm done!

I went home and partied with my friends! :)

I also planned on partying it up, but after the test I just went to my apt, e-mailed some people, and slept.

Members don't see this ad :)
That test was too tiring. Went to sleep as soon as I got home. Slept for 15 hours straight, no joke.

--Vinoy

Had a nice dinner then went out to Coyote Ugly to dance the night away on the bar...

went out to a local sportbar to drink copious amounts of beer, then came home and slept it off before awaking at 2am, not being able to go back to sleep, then heading out for some late-night grubbin'.

went out for Indian food with my parents and then fell asleep at like 8pm watching hockey (I still have no idea how I got from the couch to my room).

I went to Ruby Skye (a club in SF) with a bunch of friends who also took the MCAT with me earlier that day. I wore a tiara on my head and was mistaken for the bride-to-be in a bachelorette party. Hey, I deserve a crown on my head for enduring nearly 8 hours of multiple choice questions.

Went to the White Sox game and then to a bar. Sat in the basket of a backhoe (the construction machine). Got so drunk that I threw up all over myself. But it felt great.

Had a huge rush of adrenalin when the exam was over.
Two buddies met me at the door of the auditorium at UCSD with Coronas.
A bit blurry after that.
Ended up driving home from Tijuana at 6pm Sunday night.
The human body is a remarkably durable machine.

right after the MCAT - i went out to eat for a lil bit w some friends and then opened some USMLE books and said "here we go again!!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Went home dropped off my junk, went to Target to catch the last day of a sale on computer desks. The desk served me well during the application process being that I sat at the darn thing forever writing supplimental essay questions. Upon returning from Target, exhaustion began setting in, so, I postponed my date with this new guy I had just met two weeks before, for the following day. Sunday rolls around, the new guy and I go out for dinner, and amazingly enough we've been together ever since. It's pretty cool how we can mark when our relationship began to the timing of MCAT. At least it's good to know the MCAT is good for something.

rmp

After the MCAT my friend threw a big party for all of us who were finally done. Then I went home and slept for 12 hours, and spent the next day doing NOTHING. It was wonderful. :)

After not being able to sleep the night before the MCAT, I dropped my clothes and took a nice, long bath. I felt like crying because I was falling asleep during the test. I slept all night like a baby afterwards.

If I could remember what I did...I'd tell you :laugh:

All I know is I woke up with a big headache

Brickhouse said:

Same here. I had plans to go out with my MCAT study buddy and party it up with her friends and her, but what actually happened was, I got in the car and drove home on hazy autopilot, stumbled into the house, popped open a beer, and sat on the porch in the rocking chair watching the cars drive by until I finally fell asleep. I was then awakened periodically by the answering machine taking messages from the partiers, who were screaming directions to their current locations over the din in various crowded clubs, which of course I never made it to. :sleep:

rmp said:
Upon returning from Target, exhaustion began setting in, so, I postponed my date with this new guy I had just met two weeks before, for the following day. Sunday rolls around, the new guy and I go out for dinner, and amazingly enough we've been together ever since. It's pretty cool how we can mark when our relationship began to the timing of MCAT. At least it's good to know the MCAT is good for something.

Nice. I met my SO while studying for the MCAT (although we didn't start dating until a couple of months after the test), so I kinda feel the same way.

I went to a bar with my roommate only to discover that I had left my id in the envelope with my MCAT admissions ticket. I have never begged for alcohol in my life like I did that night. I explained what had happened to the waitress and she was kind enough to take pity on me and serve me. :oops:

I walked directly from the MCAT to a block party where I jumped in on a quick game of flip cup, proceeded home to pick up a bottle of Jagermeister, returned to the party and finished that with a little help. Woke up the next morning with the best hangover I've ever had.

I'll let you know tomorrow night when I am done and probably end up drunk-posting in the SDN MCAT forum. :D

I attempted to get drunk. I say attempted because I'm Russian and it's not possible for me to get drunk. Seriously I drink all the time but I've never been drunk. Oh well.

I had all these plans to get hammered after the MCAT. I had only been 21 for about week, so I was all excited when the test was over. I got home opened a beer and watch Family Guy DVDs to wait until my roommates got home. Then next thing I know, it was 2 am, I had a stiff neck from falling asleep on the couch, and I hadn't even finished my beer. I walk to my bedroom plopped into my bed and slept pretty much all day sunday. Sunday night on the other hand, I couldn't even begin to tell you and the rest of the week for that matter. Having that test off my shoulders was the best feeling ever.

hmm.... that night has been wiped from my memory.

Yes, I reacall all to well that "hazy autopilot feeling." :scared: :confused:
I was so wiped I barely survived the 30 mi drive down to my parents house... once I was there they babied me (which was exactly what I needed!) I got in the hot tub, watched a movie, slept like the dead.

BBQ'd all day, drank all night.

I stepped out of the classroom, sniffed some crack and saw dancing alligators. then i jumped in the lake and swam across from chicago to michigan. I walked back and got home sunday night.
it was a crazy, man.

For the longest time my friend, who also took the MCAT, and I planned to party it up after the test. I had turned 21 the previous week and was so excited for the MCAT to be over that I couldn't wait to party. I remember filling in the final bubble on the scantron and having this huge sigh of relief sweep over me.

Before dinner, I started having the worst stomach pain and by the time we were leaving the restaurant for the bars, I couldn't even stand up straight because of the pain. I ended up going home and crawling into bed, while all of my friends went out :( It was cool though, because at that time I started dating my boyfriend and it seemed like nothing could bother me.

The next day I moved to my new apartment for senior year. The end of the MCRAP :laugh: marked the beginning of an awesome year with my boyfriend and my awesome new roommates.

I walked to Chinatown in SF and got beers with people from my MCAT prep class, got home, packed, and flew to Italy the next morning at 6! For the first three days of my vacation I would lie on the beach, close my eyes, and still be mentally filling in bubbles!

i fell asleep. i was so tired, i stumbled home (i lived 2 blocsk from the testing center), and crawled into bed. i was going to do it in the middle of the test, but was able to fight it. it drained me.

Right after the MCAT I met up w/ my fellow-MCAT buddy and we busted open the flask of Vodka that he brought to the MCAT. It was awesome, we drank, he smoked, on campus and fed the nasty squirrels the rest of our 1/2 eaten lunch.

Then after getting emo about the test finally being over, we went to our local pub, met up w/ some folks and drank the night away...

Ran immediatly to the frog and firken (great hangout in Tucson) with other MCATers, drank the equivalent of a half bottle of Patron in shots, moved to Coronas, and went home with my gf at the time. My last words (as she was rubbing my back) were "please don't touch me...its quiet time!" :laugh:

started studying to take it again in august :laugh:

actually I can't even remember... I was so drained during the bio section that I could not even remember the hardy-weinberg equilibrium. I did ok, but I ended up having to take the damn thing again 3 years later when my scores expired.

I remember coming home and falling on the couch, then there were some monkeys that appeared........the rest is kind of a blur.

When I woke up I was on a plane to my first interview;)

After getting out of the test at almost 7pm (long story...they lost the exams...we started late...all in all a terrible day...) my bf picked up some fast food for me (after we missed the reservation he made for a nice dinner due to the test getting out way late) and took me to see one of our school's a cappella groups...i don't even remember much of the concert, as i think i dozed off in the second half -- i was wiped out :p

Mmmmmmmmmmmm CAT!

cat.jpg

Smoked a half eighth, watched Family Guy, and ate Outback takeout.

partied and drank till about 4 in the morn...
good times...good times... :D

i was soooo ready to drin kmyself silly, and we had FIJI island at my fraternity.... but instead.... fell asleep at 5 and never woke up

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Ate out with my family and my grandmother. Then I guess I surfed the SDN MCAT forum. ...after obsessively studying for the MCAT, life felt so empty after it was done.

Called my parents immediately after the MCAT..talked to my sister, and then i asked to talk to my Dad...found out that he was in the hospital after getting quadruple bypass surgery. Apparently, he had chest pains the night before. He went to the hospital and they found that four arteries were atleast 75% blocked. He went into the OR at about 1:00 am sat morning. My family didn't call me 'cause they knew i'de get upset and not do well on the test. That was one of the most emotional days of my life. I drove 1 hour to the hospital right after i came home tired as hell and feeling like crap.
Good news: I did well on the MCAT and my Dad's doing fine.

jlee9531 said:
partied and drank till about 4 in the morn...
good times...good times... :D

oh...this thread was what we did AFTER the test??

hmm...somehow got hotboxed and had some el pollo loco with my friends. :cool:

so does anyone have anything to add now? I forgot to mention that the day after I went to the spa and had a facial and a massage....

my friends all welcomed me home with a nice cold beer and a BBQ, followed by a jam session with a couple of my guitar-gurus.....it was amazing. I had planned to go out and party all night, but I never left my house.....luckily the party came to me :horns: Congrats to all who just defeated the big ugly charibdis of tests. Now you can go out and do your daily activities without the constant feeling of crapping your pants. Go and get your lives back!!!!!!!