What did you blow your money on recently?

Started by Dr Wario
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too am on Southwest...but if you don't buy the first day those tickets go on sale, the price spikes. I delayed for two days (not sure why), and the price jumped from $2,200 to $2,600.
Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
It's not always about the first day. Buying mid-week is usually cheaper than looking up the fares over the weekend. I could book more seats on my flight today for the same price as when we booked a few weeks ago.

Not 100% sure on details of this because I've never personally done it, but my parents have found lower rates a few weeks after booking, and they were able to get a flight voucher for the difference. I'm sure there are plenty of restrictions on that, but might be worth looking into.
 
It's not always about the first day. Buying mid-week is usually cheaper than looking up the fares over the weekend. I could book more seats on my flight today for the same price as when we booked a few weeks ago.

Not 100% sure on details of this because I've never personally done it, but my parents have found lower rates a few weeks after booking, and they were able to get a flight voucher for the difference. I'm sure there are plenty of restrictions on that, but might be worth looking into.

Yes, you don't get the cash back, but you can apply it to future flights.

I've done it many times.
 
Sometimes I would just buy plane tickets on Southwest when they go on sale and cancel them if things just don't work out. I'd usually have 2-3 flights booked at any given time...and every now and then i have to book sortof last minute and i can just roll up flight credits as payment.
 
It's not always about the first day. Buying mid-week is usually cheaper than looking up the fares over the weekend. I could book more seats on my flight today for the same price as when we booked a few weeks ago.

Not 100% sure on details of this because I've never personally done it, but my parents have found lower rates a few weeks after booking, and they were able to get a flight voucher for the difference. I'm sure there are plenty of restrictions on that, but might be worth looking into.

Yes, you don't get the cash back, but you can apply it to future flights.

I've done it many times.

Sometimes I would just buy plane tickets on Southwest when they go on sale and cancel them if things just don't work out. I'd usually have 2-3 flights booked at any given time...and every now and then i have to book sortof last minute and i can just roll up flight credits as payment.

You folks are awesome- last night I re-booked the same exact flights and got nearly $400 in credits. :biglove:
 
$4k for engineered floors

My house has been a construction zone for 2 weeks as we DIY the popcorn ceiling removal first. The floor guys showed up Monday and since then my living room has been in my garage. Tomorrows the day though, floors go in. PO had installed apartment grade carpet in the living and dining room. 😕
 
A panzer mark V "panther" model and a set of modeling paint kit. Trying to get back into the hobby back in junior high - building military models. If my hands are as good as they used to be, will build a t-90 and su-27 next. $50-$80 a piece.

Woot, just finished the Panther model. Here's the result. Tamiya modeling kits are known for their quality. I'm just trying to regain the skills I had when I last built a model in junior high school, nowhere near as skilled as many real modelers out there.

Commander and driver hatches open, canon in locked travel mode.
1.jpg


Turret, cannon, machine guys all fully traversable
2.jpg

So is the rear reloading/shell ejection hatch.
3.jpg

Wheels and treads all work.
4.jpg