What did you do a week before leading to your MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimeaciax

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Previous test takers, what did you do a week before leading to your MCAT?

I was thinking about taking an exam everyday (except the day before the MCAT.)

Or should I take an exam every other day and go over the questions/content that I got wrong on my previous FLs on my non exam day?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally (and I know some people on here would disagree), I wouldn't take any practice tests the week before the real thing. If you've been scoring where you want to be on previous FL's, then leave well enough alone. A bad score or a dipping trend the week before your test can really derail you mentally. At this point, you probably won't make any drastic changes by cramming information and burning yourself out. Study where you need to and take advantage of free time: go for a run, read for pleasure, etc.

How many AAMC FLs have you taken? If you have taken most of them, then I would just go over the questions I got wrong and do a light review.

Also, adjust your sleep cycle, visit the test center (some test center will even show you inside and give you detailed instruction on what to expect on the test date), and relax.

If you have not taken any, you have no choice but to take as many FL tests as possible but I would probably take it every other day and review the questions I got wrong. At any rate, good luck with your exam.

I took 2 FLs (10 & 11) 4&6 days before. I had classes that week so i went to those. I spent most of my time just doing light review/learning how to play piano. Make sure you're ready to get up ~2 hrs before test if you're near the test center. Also, i would recommend you get you snacks/meds etc for the breaks ready. (Aspirin helped me out cuz i had a headache)

Members don't see this ad :)
My week before my Friday exam:

Took a FL on the Sat and Mon before, reviewed them on Sun and Tues. No studying Wed/Thurs except hat trick on Wed morn (from SN2ed plan).

I sat in the sun, played with my dog, relaxed on Wed/Thurs. Watched Zoolander Thursday night and was in bed by 11. Slept until 9am Fri then moseyed up to the test center around noon on Friday for 1pm test.

Last edited:
I took a practice FL exam on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday before. Use the days after to go over the exams. Most of my week was spent on the PS section since that was my lowest score. It was a rough week, but my score went up a couple points because of it.

I took a practice FL exam on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday before. Use the days after to go over the exams. Most of my week was spent on the PS section since that was my lowest score. It was a rough week, but my score went up a couple points because of it.

On the days that you spent of the PS section, did you just purely do content review, or mostly practice passages...or a combination of both?