• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Ultimeaciax

10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Previous test takers, what did you do a week before leading to your MCAT?

I was thinking about taking an exam everyday (except the day before the MCAT.)

Or should I take an exam every other day and go over the questions/content that I got wrong on my previous FLs on my non exam day?

maxb229

Mar 26, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Personally (and I know some people on here would disagree), I wouldn't take any practice tests the week before the real thing. If you've been scoring where you want to be on previous FL's, then leave well enough alone. A bad score or a dipping trend the week before your test can really derail you mentally. At this point, you probably won't make any drastic changes by cramming information and burning yourself out. Study where you need to and take advantage of free time: go for a run, read for pleasure, etc.

LUCPM

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
How many AAMC FLs have you taken? If you have taken most of them, then I would just go over the questions I got wrong and do a light review.

Also, adjust your sleep cycle, visit the test center (some test center will even show you inside and give you detailed instruction on what to expect on the test date), and relax.

If you have not taken any, you have no choice but to take as many FL tests as possible but I would probably take it every other day and review the questions I got wrong. At any rate, good luck with your exam.

railgun

7+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I took 2 FLs (10 & 11) 4&6 days before. I had classes that week so i went to those. I spent most of my time just doing light review/learning how to play piano. Make sure you're ready to get up ~2 hrs before test if you're near the test center. Also, i would recommend you get you snacks/meds etc for the breaks ready. (Aspirin helped me out cuz i had a headache)

About the Ads
May 26, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My week before my Friday exam:

Took a FL on the Sat and Mon before, reviewed them on Sun and Tues. No studying Wed/Thurs except hat trick on Wed morn (from SN2ed plan).

I sat in the sun, played with my dog, relaxed on Wed/Thurs. Watched Zoolander Thursday night and was in bed by 11. Slept until 9am Fri then moseyed up to the test center around noon on Friday for 1pm test.

Last edited:

Medical Muse

SDN Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I took a practice FL exam on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday before. Use the days after to go over the exams. Most of my week was spent on the PS section since that was my lowest score. It was a rough week, but my score went up a couple points because of it.

Ultimeaciax

10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I took a practice FL exam on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday before. Use the days after to go over the exams. Most of my week was spent on the PS section since that was my lowest score. It was a rough week, but my score went up a couple points because of it.

On the days that you spent of the PS section, did you just purely do content review, or mostly practice passages...or a combination of both?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.