What did you learn today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just reviewed the management of protein calorie malnutrition. That a subset of it, Kwashiorkor has not been fully clarified in terms of the aetiology...free radical injury, aflatoxins, loss of the body's protective functions - liver sparing in cases of starvation. etc...i am looking foward to researching on PCM. I might get nominated for the Nobel Prize. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Today we heard from the wife of a man who, at age 32, was a loving father and diligent employee. Then he started becoming indifferent and rude, walking up to people and calling them "fat," for example. Now, only a few years later, he lives in a nursing home - demented, completely mute, and incapable of feeding himself. Diagnosis: frontotemporal dementia. It was heartbreaking to hear her describe the transition....

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently I've learned that facebook can be addictive...

i learned that pterygopalatine ganglion is the hay fever ganglion and is what makes me so miserable in the spring..

i learned that pterygopalatine ganglion is the hay fever ganglion and is what makes me so miserable in the spring..

That's one reason it's also known as the "terriblepalatine" ganglion. :p

I learned that although neurology is a life-sucking, soul-crushing, sleep depriving seventh layer of hell ... especially when you add onto it the expectations piled on you when the guy who wrote everybody's book is your professor ...... I learned that it IS possible to completely, utterly dominate a neurology exam! three more to go! *yahoooooooo!"

Halloween is still my favorite holiday! :hardy:

I learned that ODing on beta-agonists will probably make your head explode.

Seeing edges of bowel indicates free air in the abdomen. fun.:cool: