What did you think about July PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaykumarv

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, what did you think about the July PCAT you just took? How did your expectations match up? Any surprise questions you didn't expect? How was your essay?

Just a discussion on what you all think. Congrats on taking it and good luck to everyone in the future!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I felt math was much easier. I don't even remember taking bio!! I got 92 tho on that one :) Verbal raped me... Composite 79 because of verbal and reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Verbal- literally like every other practice test. Got some Collin repeats.
Bio- Either you get a favorable section or not. Mine wasn't too bad. Make sure you know the virus pages on the collins and if you ahve the kaplan book i would read up the two viral chapters. Overall not too bad.
Chem- I did really well on it and was fortunate to have an easy section with little ochem (and whatever ochem was there wasnt hard)
Reading- I hate reading and I usually wonder by the time this section hits. The past few days I forced myself to read the passage with interest. When taking the test today, I did that (and it was good cause 4/6 were interesting and 1 of them was science related...aka easy questions to answer). I got over an 80% which was higher than the BRUTAL pearson test #4.
Math- I swear I didn't know 4 problems (I counted haha) and clicked on random ones and 3 of the questions were educated guesses. Math is pretty much like each of the pearson tests. They had a bit of everything (exactly like the bluebook stated).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how do they grade essay? i know its out of 6.
will i get score reports like: 80 composite 3 essay score. like this?

how do they grade essay? i know its out of 6.
will i get score reports like: 80 composite 3 essay score. like this?
yeah, its like that. Once you get ur official score, it always shows what the average writing score was. The average is usually btw 3-3.5. So if you do above average, you should be good in that section :)

I donot understand how it was calculated. I cam back this morning with composite 93 but my VA and RC in the 30s
Chem and QA were a piece of cake though, 99 each. Guess they outweigh the rest.