• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
United States
Status
Pre-Medical
GPA, MCAT, ECs, LORs, What do AU schools generally look for ?

Do they care a lot about GPA and MCAT like U.S medical schools too ?

Thanks for any comments in advance :)

rugbyMD

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2008
Status
Medical Student
It depends on the school. Generally GPA isn't too big of a concern for most schools so long as you meet their minimum. As for the MCAT, at a school like UQ that seems to be what they base your acceptance on at the moment, whereas a school like U syd has an interview on top of that. Finally I don't think they even use LORs/EC for internationals. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Meddie83

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
No letters of reference, no cv, no essay. All they ask for are your marks and MCAT as an international student. I think the MCAT is weighted more heavily than your marks (just need to meet the cut off) with the interview playing a part. I would say the minimum MCAT is about a 30. Not sure about the writing sample score though.

About the Ads