What do i do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seminolepremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is two days from now...

I am getting 10+ in both physical science and bio section

however! for the verbal.... I have gotten 11's, 10's and 9's

but I just did AAMC #11 and got a 6! ...... last week I got an 7 but I blamed it on all the coffee I had that made me lose concentration.

Granted, I could've been way more focused for the verbal (I was in a library and a lot was going on) but a 6?!?!?! I got HALF the questions wrong.

Your opinion,

should I risk it? I know I will be pretty concentrated the day of the test (I get in the zone for exams) but is this 6 really indicative of anything?

I'm afraid I think it might be.

Any last minute tips?

Also, keep in mind I am applying the 2012 cycle, so I can't exactly postpone this test.

I was also thinking to schedule an MCAT for the last September date and keep studying after taking this one.

Give me feedback !!! Thanks guys :p

Members don't see this ad.

My MCAT is two days from now...

I am getting 10+ in both physical science and bio section

however! for the verbal.... I have gotten 11's, 10's and 9's

but I just did AAMC #11 and got a 6! ...... last week I got an 7 but I blamed it on all the coffee I had that made me lose concentration.

Granted, I could've been way more focused for the verbal (I was in a library and a lot was going on) but a 6?!?!?! I got HALF the questions wrong.

Your opinion,

should I risk it? I know I will be pretty concentrated the day of the test (I get in the zone for exams) but is this 6 really indicative of anything?

I'm afraid I think it might be.

Any last minute tips?

Also, keep in mind I am applying the 2012 cycle, so I can't exactly postpone this test.

I was also thinking to schedule an MCAT for the last September date and keep studying after taking this one.

Give me feedback !!! Thanks guys :p

if you can't postpone it, then what's the point in asking? you'll be fine, you got 11s, too. don't harp on 1 test.

Seminole premed. Im in you're shoes too!

On aamc 11 I got both sciences above 10 and my verbal was a dismal 7 !!

Lol!! Dont worry. look at the reason why you messed up. Im sure it was because You ran out of time or were rushed for time; at least that was the case for me!

I took it in test like conditions with some stress after scoring an 8 on VR for aamc 10. I realize I was just rereading and going back too much. In my best adivce, I would say you are ready! You're science scores represent your preparation. For verbal I would just do one practice test to ensure your pace is up to speed because the VR is longer on the real mcat.

Also, DO NOT let this get to your head! Clear your mind and get ready to demolish VR on test day. No practices matter except the real thing. Good luck to us both on Friday :) :luck:

Coffee that makes you lose concentration? Personally coffee makes me jittery and speed through passages like a demon(which has its benefits and downfalls).

I would advise not drinking coffee unless you're used to it. I'm just going to sip on it before PS and drink 1/4 before VR, anything more than that will make my bladder full.