What do IMG's do with their time while awaiting Residency match?

Started by Fled
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fled

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im really asking this for my Fiancee who is an IMG and is currently tutoring at SGU while studying for USMLE/ MCCEE

I did my undergrad in Canada so my PR/ Career path is pretty simple. However I am interested to know what IMG's do after landing in Canada in order to procure PR to eventually get a residency?

I know the CaRMS horror stories and low percentages for IMG matches. So before we completely strike Canada as an option, what do you guys do while waiting for a match?

The most ive dug up is that some of you do a paid postdoc research fellowship to kill time. Is that the only option? Just curious.

I am a French national so i'm pretty sure after we're married my spouse to be will be PLAB exempt if we decide to give the UK a shot, but thats not being considered right now. Thanks in advance, JP.