What do they actually do during verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vhinrich

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do the AADSAS and AMCAS actually do during the "verification" process? Do they call my school to find out my GPA or make sure that I actually did receive bachelor's? If they do, it seems like it would take forever to verify thousands of applicants? Also, what happens if I put a grade that's different from my transcript on AADSAS/AMCAS applications?

Members don't see this ad.

What do the AADSAS and AMCAS actually do during the "verification" process? Do they call my school to find out my GPA or make sure that I actually did receive bachelor's? If they do, it seems like it would take forever to verify thousands of applicants? Also, what happens if I put a grade that's different from my transcript on AADSAS/AMCAS applications?

They don't call schools. Thats what the official transcript is for. It will state if you received a bachelors etc. During the verification process, AADSAS goes over each course and grade you entered to make sure it matched the official transcript from that school. This is one reason why it does take forever.

from aadsas FAQs:

Q: What is transcript verification and why is it done?

A: After AADSAS receives all of your official transcripts, the information you provide in the Coursework section will be audited for accuracy. Accuracy is important in this section because this is the basis for academic information provided to the dental schools, including coursework summaries and GPA's.

If, during the transcript verification process, relatively minor differences are noted, your course titles, course numbers, grades or credit hours earned will be changed to reflect the accurate information. Changes made by the AADSAS Transcript Processing Department will be noted on both your application information and on the information sent to dental schools.

When major discrepancies between the information you provide in the Coursework section and your official transcripts are noted, you will be contacted by a staff member in the AADSAS Transcript Processing Department via email. Your application may be returned to you for revision and resubmission.