what do write for additional comments section on secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robocop1998

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i am just wondering what you guys wrote for the additional comments section on secondary? basically, im planning on using either my adversity essay or unique experience essay but im not sure if thats what the adcoms want. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey, i am just wondering what you guys wrote for the additional comments section on secondary? basically, im planning on using either my adversity essay or unique experience essay but im not sure if thats what the adcoms want. thanks!

If I really like the school, I use the additional comments section to express why I really want to go there/be a good fit there (if there wasn't an essay question on it already). I would think you'd also want to use it if you have something in your app that you'd like to expand upon...like a poor grade/withdrawal or a missing pre-requisite. As for using it for another long, wordy essay...you might rather leave it blank. Remember that schools probably don't enjoy reading a million essays nor do you enjoy writing them. If they want an adversity/dilemma essay they'd probably require it through one of their other essay questions.

If I haven't gotten the chance elsewhere, I explain what I'm doing for the next year because I've already graduated. So I talk about my job, volunteer experiences, etc. Other than that, I talked about why I liked that school in particular if I hadn't already said it elsewhere.

If I had already mentioned these two things then I left the additional comments blank.