What do you all think??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Frankenstein777

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good afternoon! I am a non-traditional student and I am applying very soon for this cycle. I have read many threads on SDN over the last year or so and I'm hoping I could get some good insights/opinions on how my GPA, DAT scores, and experiences stack up in the eyes of those on SDN.
I graduated with a Bachelor's in Social work in 2012 with a 3.0 GPA. I worked with people with disabilties for a few years and a couple good jobs in the business world, but the birth of my child really triggered me to thinkabout what I really wanted to do and revisit old dreams. I started by shadowing a dentist in 2014 (dentistry combines my love for helping others with my love of science). I liked what I saw so much in shadowing I started down the road of taking the science pre-reqs and accpeted a dental assisting job with the practice I shadowed with.
Now here I sit after getting a 3.63 GPA in all the pre reqs (3 bio smesters, 2 g-chem, 2 o-chem and 2 physics) which got my overall GPA up to a 3.2.
I took the DAT last week and my scores were
Bio-17
G-Chem-19
O-Chem-21
PAT-18
RC-21
QR-21
AA-20

I know Bio and PAT are low, but I haven't taken as many Bio classes as I would like and the broadness of the topic made it difficult to study even though I put a ton of time into it.
PAT was my biggest weakness when I started studying and I feel decent about the 18 at the end of the day.
I am very happy with my chem, reading, and especially QR score, in which I never got a 21 on any practice test in QR.

I have also racked up 1,000 hours combined in shadowing, volunteer, and working experience in dentistry.
I also feel my LORs will be very strong given the relationships I developed with my teachers.

I would love to hear comments, questions and opinions on my stats, my experiences and where you think I stand as far as interviews and possible admittance.
Thanks!!