What do you all think??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frankenstein777

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon! I am a non-traditional student and I am applying very soon for this cycle. I have read many threads on SDN over the last year or so and I'm hoping I could get some good insights/opinions on how my GPA, DAT scores, and experiences stack up in the eyes of those on SDN.
I graduated with a Bachelor's in Social work in 2012 with a 3.0 GPA. I worked with people with disabilties for a few years and a couple good jobs in the business world, but the birth of my child really triggered me to thinkabout what I really wanted to do and revisit old dreams. I started by shadowing a dentist in 2014 (dentistry combines my love for helping others with my love of science). I liked what I saw so much in shadowing I started down the road of taking the science pre-reqs and accpeted a dental assisting job with the practice I shadowed with.
Now here I sit after getting a 3.63 GPA in all the pre reqs (3 bio smesters, 2 g-chem, 2 o-chem and 2 physics) which got my overall GPA up to a 3.2.
I took the DAT last week and my scores were
Bio-17
G-Chem-19
O-Chem-21
PAT-18
RC-21
QR-21
AA-20

I know Bio and PAT are low, but I haven't taken as many Bio classes as I would like and the broadness of the topic made it difficult to study even though I put a ton of time into it.
PAT was my biggest weakness when I started studying and I feel decent about the 18 at the end of the day.
I am very happy with my chem, reading, and especially QR score, in which I never got a 21 on any practice test in QR.

I have also racked up 1,000 hours combined in shadowing, volunteer, and working experience in dentistry.
I also feel my LORs will be very strong given the relationships I developed with my teachers.

I would love to hear comments, questions and opinions on my stats, my experiences and where you think I stand as far as interviews and possible admittance.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.