If you could recommend one resource for learning dental surgical instruments, what would it be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ritchathomas

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for the best way to learn dental surgical instruments, especially for oral surgery, extractions, and OSCE/practical exams. There are textbooks, YouTube videos, flashcards, and online catalogs with instrument images, but I'm curious what actually helped you the most. Do you really feel dental instruments manufacturers website could be a good source?
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for the best way to learn dental surgical instruments, especially for oral surgery, extractions, and OSCE/practical exams. There are textbooks, YouTube videos, flashcards, and online catalogs with instrument images, but I'm curious what actually helped you the most. Do you really feel dental instruments manufacturers website
Hi there!

Can I also suggest shadowing and being near chairside as dentists or hygienists or DA's are working (with proper permission from the patient)? You can play with flashcards all you like, but you don't learn about all the devices in a kitchen without actually seeing them or testing them out.
 
Hi there!

Can I also suggest shadowing and being near chairside as dentists or hygienists or DA's are working (with proper permission from the patient)? You can play with flashcards all you like, but you don't learn about all the devices in a kitchen without actually seeing them or testing them out.
Thanks for the reply. You are quite right. Actaully have instruments end testing them during clinical use is a good source for knowing any instrument. But I believe, there a lot which can learn online sources as well.
 
Thanks for the reply. You are quite right. Actaully have instruments end testing them during clinical use is a good source for knowing any instrument. But I believe, there a lot which can learn online sources as well.
I'm not saying that it wouldn't, but learning a new language or material doesn't stick without spaced repetition and actual practice.