What do you do if your pharmacy manager not doing a good job?

Started by clachan3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clachan3

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had very good partners before, they do everything perfectly, I never had to worry about CII inventory not being done the first week of the month. He thinks it's okay to leave CII order unchecked for days, CII rx not filed for days, to give my techs tasks that my partner and I used to do all the time. He would tell everybody else to do things that he could have done instead of wasting time telling others to do it. The weekend techs got questioned by other techs because there is always stuff incomplete from the weekend, and it is like they did nothing all weekend. It was because he decided to do other not rx related/managerial side projects instead of doing pci stuff. A few of my techs already applied to our competitors for better paying jobs because of this manager. You would think CVS saves enough money by not having overlap. Anyways, do you guys have any suggestions??
 
Best thing I can recommend is talking to him/her directly about those issues.

If he/she is unaccepting, you might need to talk to your Rx supervisor and address those issues.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't sweat it. If the PIC is so careless with C-II medications and delegation of authority he or she will eventually be explaining either a poor store performance to a district manager or some sort of discrepency to the state board of pharmacy. I would just be sure he or she offers you a fair work schedule and appropriate tech coverage for when you are scheduled to work. Just do your job to the best of your ability. If the PIC wants to run the place to the ground then so be it.