What do you guys recommend???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The-Adster

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to know what my chances for acceptance are, as well as what my current school list looks like. Also what other schools should I add?
  1. 1. cGPA = 3.867; sGPA = ~3.8 (differs between application systems since some of my kinesiology courses don't count towards BCPM for certain systems).
  2. MCAT (pretty upset): 503 (128/123/127/125)
[*]NM resident.
[*]URM (Hispanic).
[*]Degree in Kinesiology (Exercise Science) with a minor in Biochemistry from New Mexico State University.
[*]Clinical Experience (Medical) = >1000 hours (shadowing, internships, medical scribe).
[*]Research Experience: no formal research, but volunteered as data collector in lab for 2 semesters (~50 hours).
[*]Shadowing Experience (hours from clinical): 500 hours.
[*]Non-clinical Volunteering = 200 hours (senior home, tutoring/unofficial premed adviser, pen pal for local middle school students).
[*]No significantly great ECs (dog training and soap making).
[*]Relevant Honors = Dean's Honors List multiple semesters, and graduated with honors.
[*]Other relevant stats: 500+ hours as paid emergency department scribe.
[*]School list as of now (I know it is a little top heavy at the moment, but who knows, maybe I can somehow score significantly higher than expected).
  • Allopathic
    • UNM
    • Arizona (both campuses)
    • Columbia (this is both my dream and throwaway school)
    • Tufts
    • Geisel
    • UTRVG
    • Osteopathic
      • Burrell
      • Lake Erie (Pennsylvania campus)
      • Edward Via (Virginia campus)
      • Lincoln Memorial Debusk (Tennessee campus)
      • A.T. Still (both campuses)
      • Michigan State
      • Ohio Heritage
Again, I know that some of these schools may be out of reach with my stats and projected MCAT score, but that is why I posted this here - to see what school selection advice this community had to offer, along with what you guys think of my chances of matriculation this first application cycle.

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: