What do you think about LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

awesome_sauce101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you heard anything about the dental program at LECOM? I have not heard much, and want to know your thoughts. If that is the only school I get into this cycle, is it worth going ?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard and I think denture about lecom.

It's only good if you are raising a family and need a more open schedule. Everything else is....lackadaisical to say the least.

Members don't see this ad :)
I itnerviewed there. Seemed very modern. Students were happy. Their clinic seemed a bit slow in terms of patient numbers but I am sure that is rapidbly increasing. Faculty was very friendly. Its in a very nice area.

70% fail rate on the ADEX typodont exam, and a bad patient pool. When the selling point of a school is removable dentistry you know the patient pool sucks. You are better off saving 300K and teaching yourself removable via youtube......

It was my first interview, so naturally I was impressed with everything. It wasn't until I compared it with my 2nd interview that I realized what was lacking, like how empty the clinics were. The D3's were just lounging around. Not entirely sold on PBL either.