What do you think will be the state of medicine in 10-15 years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subdermallight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been interviewing for med school and I got this question. I answered it from multiple angles, from improving technology to new forms of treatment to healthcare changes and push towards group practices, integrated medicine, etc. My interviewer kept asking me though.. “No, but what will medicine look like. You’re just starting your practice, how will it change from now to then?” I didn’t know what else to say.

Obviously you all have given this a lot of thought, I’m curious how you’d answer this?

I flipped the question back at him at the end and we talked about how things have changed over the past 20 years, and he focused on some of the benefits of the influx of funding that corporate partnerships make if done right.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It will look pretty similar.

Corporate ownership of physician practices is evil. Corporate “partnerships” are almost never done right. It’s walmart and amazon squeezing blood out of their worker bees.

Last edited:
This is an incredibly stupid question to ask at a medical school interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been interviewing for med school and I got this question. I answered it from multiple angles, from improving technology to new forms of treatment to healthcare changes and push towards group practices, integrated medicine, etc. My interviewer kept asking me though.. “No, but what will medicine look like. You’re just starting your practice, how will it change from now to then?” I didn’t know what else to say.

Obviously you all have given this a lot of thought, I’m curious how you’d answer this?

I flipped the question back at him at the end and we talked about how things have changed over the past 20 years, and he focused on some of the benefits of the influx of funding that corporate partnerships make if done right.

Interviewer sounds like a tool.
Do yourself a favor and don't attend that medical school.

Reactions: 1 users
So it turns out he was actually really nice and we had a great interview afterwards. This was his opening question. Based on the responses here, and the fact he asked about 3 times in a row, I want to say maybe he was purposely trying to test me/push me and see how I take it. I had already heard rumors about interviewers doing this kind of stuff at this particular school. So maybe that's what it was..

AI will take all our jobs. Nurse practitioners will run the hospitals and tuition will be 700k a year

Reactions: 13 users
So it turns out he was actually really nice and we had a great interview afterwards. This was his opening question. Based on the responses here, and the fact he asked about 3 times in a row, I want to say maybe he was purposely trying to test me/push me and see how I take it. I had already heard rumors about interviewers doing this kind of stuff at this particular school. So maybe that's what it was..

This happened at IUSM to a friend of mine. He kept pushing and adding information to an ethics question till there was a bunch of grey area! She ended up getting in. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
We'll pay tuition for the honor of completing a residency program.

There's one word I hate every time I hear it. Provider. It's reductive. I'm going to super-specialize and crawl out of this pot.

Reactions: 1 users
y interviewer kept asking me though.. “No, but what will medicine look like.

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F20549920-bb0f-11e7-8b2e-f28d30e9c9fd.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
“In 10-15 years I’ll be the tool asking premeds questions to which no one knows the answer.”

Reactions: 4 users