What do you think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marc Sever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys can I get some honest opinions on my chances on getting into a MD program

BS in CardiopulmonAry Science 3.3 gpa
Medical experience: registered Respiratory therapist (RRT-NPS) full time
Baptist hospital 7 month exp.
Research on bedsores for that hospital, more coming (2 months research so far)
Current getting MS in exercise science and health promotion 3.1 gpa (trying to improve)
Volunteer: teaching high school students music 7 months/ 3hrs days. 4 days a week
Affiliations: AARC (American ass for resp. Care) and FSRC ( florida society for resp care)

Only thing is I haven't taken my MCAT yet, will take July 2015

Please be specific on what I can add to my resume and what minimum mcat score would be necessary to be able to get into med school. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Your chances for MD schools are very low. You might be okay for DO but as always it is hard to predict without the MCAT. I hope you aren't planning to apply this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright guys can I get some honest opinions on my chances on getting into a MD program

BS in CardiopulmonAry Science 3.3 gpa
Medical experience: registered Respiratory therapist (RRT-NPS) full time
Baptist hospital 7 month exp.
Research on bedsores for that hospital, more coming (2 months research so far)
Current getting MS in exercise science and health promotion 3.1 gpa (trying to improve)
Volunteer: teaching high school students music 7 months/ 3hrs days. 4 days a week
Affiliations: AARC (American ass for resp. Care) and FSRC ( florida society for resp care)

Only thing is I haven't taken my MCAT yet, will take July 2015

Please be specific on what I can add to my resume and what minimum mcat score would be necessary to be able to get into med school. Thank you
Your ECs are fine, you need to get a higher GPA or accept reality and go DO.

Members don't see this ad :)