What do your user name and avatar mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I chose enviromed, b/c I'm really interested in environmental medicine and/or health. 21 for my b-day. my avatar is of a hamster holding a mini rifle. he was just sooo cute I couldn't resist. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

The name, well you know, "Once a Marine..." I also figured that motto has lifelong relevance.

Current avatar is me standing guard one lovely 2003 evening in Iraq.

Thanks for serving over there. :thumbup:

Doc Henry is what everyone calls my grandpa. My avatar means Dali rocks my world!

Members don't see this ad :)
The hot dog speaks for himself. :thumbup:

I train hard and I live fast. I'm the one Papa didn't want you to know about. I'm from the South part of the village originally but Papa put me in charge of his Smurfem (our version of the seraglio) when I was only 59. That's where the smurflings come from. The smurfem's set apart from the village (which is located in the Weinerwald, for those unfamiliar) about a day's journey for a smurf. I looked after the ladies (Smurfette and Sassette were Garagmellian creations, not real Smurf women like the one depicted in my avatar) until I hit puberty. At that point, in the early aughts, Papa sent me to train with the US Army Rangers. When I came back, Papa was on his death bed thanks to a bit of arsenic (we thought it was cholera at first, but a little toxicology proved that arsenicosis was the culprit). Naturally, we suspected Gargamel. Before Papa died, I organized a small elite squad (including Nat, Handy, Minor and Farmer) to take out the G-man and his cat. We called the operation DS Pantheon and successfully neutralized our two highest value targets with a combination smurfigenuity and M249. When we returned to the village, Papa made his last request that I take over the Smurfem full-time in the capacity of stud and I've been there ever since.

Also, because of my exploits, I'm the namesake of the so-called 'smurf attack.'

kewl!:cool:

I was feeling especially uncreative the day i created this account, so my username is my school e-mail address. My avatar is homage to the best conveniance store ever, Wawa. If you haven't tasted Wawa coffee, you haven't lived (and it's cheap too!). Oh and if you've ever been to southern NJ, you know Wawa because we literally have one on every corner. What am I going to do in Wawa free NYC next year? Convert to Starbucks? :scared:
I bow to your wawaness. How I miss Wawa, although I giggle when I say the name and people look at me like I'm absolutely insane. :D I miss wawa and the shore :(

eagleeye - The eagle is my favorite raptor and it is the mascot for The University of North Texas.

avatar - There was snail who was tired of being known as a slowpoke. He decided to do something about it. The snail went to a car dealer. The car salesman asked the snail, "What can I do for you?" The snail replied, "I want to buy a fast car; because, I am tired of everyone calling me a slowpoke! The car dealer told the snail, "We have a nice 240-Z for you...would you like to take it for a test drive? The snail quickly responded, "No! I want to buy that car right this minute...and BTW, change the 'Z' in 240-Z to an 'S'...I want everybody to know that the 'S' stands for Snail." The snail payed the car dealer and he drove off happily. The snail drove on to a freeway and sped his way down. The people would say, "Wow! Look at that S-car Go!"

Regards,
eagleeye

acrunchyfrog is taken from the Monty Python skit "The Crunchy Frog"(sometimes called the "Whizzo Confection Skit")

In it the 'ygiene squad is called to investigate a confectioner who is apparently making candies called "Crunchy Frog", "Ram's Bladder Cup", "Anthrax Ripple", and others:

I: Then we have number four. Number four: Crunchy Frog.
H: Yes.
I: Am I right in thinking there's a real frog in 'ere?
H: Yes, a little one.
I: What sort of frog?
H: A...a *dead* frog.
I: Is it cooked?
H: No.
I: What, a RAW frog?!?
H: Oh, we use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq,
cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and sealed in
a succulent, Swiss, quintuple-smooth, treble-milk chocolate envelope, and
lovingly frosted with glucose.
I: That's as may be, but it's still a frog!
H: What else?
I: Well, don't you even take the bones out?
H: If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, would it?
I: We have to protect the public! People aren't going to think there's a real
frog in chocolate! Constable C thought it was an almond whirl!They're bound to expect some sort of mock frog!
H: (outraged) MOCK frog!?! We use NO artificial additives or preservatives of
ANY kind!
I: Nevertheless, I advise you in future to replace the words "Crunchy Frog"
with the legend, "Crunchy, Raw, Unboned Real Dead Frog" if you wish to avoid prosecution!

I'm *A*crunchyfrog because when I went to get an email address years ago, the plain crunchyfrog was taken.

I was tubing the Guadalupe River (that's 45min south of Austin for you non-Texans) last summer with some friends and we came upon these two big rocks where everyone was parking their tubes, climbing to the top of the rocks, and partying. Probably about 30 people were on the rocks--people on the smaller rock were throwing beers to the people on the big one, eveyone was drinkin, beer bonging, sharing their food, beer, and... I find its not very often and VERY special to just instantly party, share, and have fun with people you don't even know.
Anyway, this hippie boy starting singing, "ROWDY ROCK, ROWDY ROCK, ROWDY ROCK, and STOP" and it became our anthem. haha, it was a great day and I like the way it sounds as a screen name.
And my initials are RR..

Melast is the email address and "name" (first: Me, last: Last) I enter in for sites that require me to register (but who I don't want to have my info). Right now my avatar is of Aural's headphones - I just got them in green and heart them big time.

Name: YankeeCanuckMD = I am a canadian who is going to become an American MD. So thus the name...

Avatar: I thought the avatar was a little freaky. Coming out of the page to say BOO! hehe. I choose it because I think its unique and unforgatable.

it's pretty easy...hopefully I'll get my M.D. in 4 years.