what does an fp, prelim or transitional residency entail?

Started by gsinccom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gsinccom

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
before I get into the residency I'm wondering what all one is required to do. I mean as a 3rd year med student you can get by with just observing and not participating in procedures if you want. how does this change once you enter primary care residencies? I don't think I want to be a clinician so much but more of a educator. I'd love to work as a public health director or wellness director for a corporation. I know I'll need clinical skills but don't want to be too versed in stuff since I don't plan on using it that much anyway in practice. thoughts?