What does everyone think about EK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesTank

Zombie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I've recently seen some people on the boards knockin the EK books (ed. 6). Is it really that bad? I mean I find it way easier to study then the PR books I have, but i've also heard that the EK books dont go into enough detail.

Anyone know if this is true? I want to fully depend on them, but not if they arent reliable...

What do yall think?

dr_90210

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently seen some people on the boards knockin the EK books (ed. 6). Is it really that bad? I mean I find it way easier to study then the PR books I have, but i've also heard that the EK books dont go into enough detail.

Anyone know if this is true? I want to fully depend on them, but not if they arent reliable...

What do yall think?

i love their books. especially their orgo book, which does not show any actual arrow formalisms for reactions. also, i feel like their VR101 is priceless because they have really good answer explanations, for instance "B-WRONG, this is not what the author thinks." I mean, its hard to get indepth insight such as that from Kaplan or TPR

bluesTank

Zombie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i love their books. especially their orgo book, which does not show any actual arrow formalisms for reactions. also, i feel like their VR101 is priceless because they have really good answer explanations, for instance "B-WRONG, this is not what the author thinks." I mean, its hard to get indepth insight such as that from Kaplan or TPR

So um, do you work for Kaplan?

Lests55

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was not that impressed with Exam Krackers. I thought the biology was fantastic but general chemistry and physics were just ok.