What does it mean when an attending says “let me know if you need anything”

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tozanzibarbymotorcar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they mean that or are they trying to be nice? ESP if you haven’t worked closely with them.

Members don't see this ad.

It probably means to let them know if you need anything but not like actually anything but you know just about anything else. You dig?

Any questions? Let me know if you need anything.

Edit: dude in all seriousness we can't answer this without know who this is. Of course some people are just telling you to piss off, some are exchanging pleasantries and some are actually authentically nice. How the hell can we tell you that over the internet????

Reactions: 4 users
It means don’t kill the patient and if you legit have any questions call the attending lol, Bc in the end it’s their patient anyway.

It also means they prob like you and will write you a letter and are willing to help :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It may not happen immediately, but it means at some point that MFer is going to steal your pen.

You can read more about this phenomenon here

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
It means use common sense. Seeing as you needed to ask what this meant, I would suggest not asking your attending for anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.