DO_Surgeon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
I have been posting here lately concerning general surgery, but what about ortho? What scores does one need to be competitive for ortho. Again here are my stats...75th percentile on COMLEX 1 and I am in the top 10-15% of my class. I know my COMLEX score isnt stellar, so since I am not in the 90th percentile does that already exclude me from the club? I have yet to do a ortho rotation but am considering setting one up. I have no research experience, but think i will be getting some good letters of rec. Any advice? Thanks!

DO_Surgeon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
I am talking about DO ortho programs...The jury is still out whether or not I am going to take the USMLE for general surgery programs

About the Ads

Aloha Kid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2001
Status (Visible)
GO FOR IT.

Two guys from our school just matched Ortho with COMLEX I scores in the high 70s to low 80s.

If this is something that you really want to do, I think you have what it takes academically. You'll just have to show that to the people you are auditioning for. Be friendly, work hard, and look intelligent. You'll match.

When it comes to Surgery, this is one field you can really shine at by what you do and not how you test.

DOindahouse

15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
hey, so whats your all opinion on taking when to take comlex 2, i have the same sorta numbers as U, ive heard from some of the DO ortho places u dont need it in the appliation. DO u think with our numbers we shoujld tak e it. or wait till january

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.