Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What does UCLA look for in an underdog non-trad?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medworm, Dec 12, 2005.

1. medworm

medworm Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Just curious. I am an older applicant with underdog stats, and am amazed that they granted me an interview. I suppose it's the life experience, but still it's all a mystery to me. Do they really value life experience leadership that much? And since they granted me an interview, does that mean my stats are acceptable? Will they continue to look at my stats when they make a final decision on me? Or is the final decision primarily based on the results of the interview? Does any current/past UCLA medical student know? Thanks and good luck everyone.

2. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Absolutely. The school is very interested diversity and life experience. I came here straight out of undergrad and am one of the youngest in my class. Your stats are important, yes, they don't count for everything. Just do your best to charm them during the interview and wait to see what happens. They wouldn't be interviewing you if they hadn't see something that shined in your application! Good luck! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. anystream

anystream Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
  4. medworm

medworm Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

5. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...