What exactly did you do at your revisit/second look weekend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladyVA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ladyVA said:
Just curious.

also, how formal/informal are these second looks? i was assuming i could bring my husband (so he too can get a sense of housing/neighborhood), or would that seem out of place?

thanks.... but really what did you do at your second look weekend?

Guests are permitted. In fact, I was going to bring a parent since they're helping me pay for my housing. The school said quite a few parents/spouses or even friends attend. In my invitation, there are more complete curriculum discussions, financial aid discussions, and tours. It's a more thorough day than interviews because there is no interviewing! :)

I'm curious too. The emails I'm getting are so vague...some schools make their revisit weekends sound like second interview days minus the actual sit-down interview part, and I'm sure hope it's not like that.

Also, what are y'all doing about second-look weekends that conflict? Should you (a) check out the school you're more likely to attend or (b) take one last good look at the school you like less before you plan to drop it for good? Or (c) maybe second-look weekends are a waste of time and money and you can learn all you need about a school online to make your decision?

:confused:

I would say goto the one you like better from interview date. If you goto your second choice and really like it, that'll put you in more of a dilemma. In some sense, it's not too informative, but I enjoyed seeing familiar faces and unfamiliar faces so when school starts you'll be more at ease.

Edit: One more thing, plenty of people bring spouses, parents, and siblings. It's usually business casual and no ties required unless it's mentioned.

beer with second years. basically.