SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What Exactly Do I Call It?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by kronickm, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. kronickm

    kronickm even par. 2+ Year Member

    Feb 20, 2007
    I am putting this in the non-trad forums because I am a non-trad and you people are so much nicer then the pre-allo folks. :)

    So I am submitting an abstract for the AABB (american association of blood banks) conference. It will likely be a poster presentation. The accepted abstracts are published in a supplement to Transfusion, the journal of transfusion medicine.

    Assuming the abstract is accepted, what do you call it? Is it a publication if it is just a poster at a conference, albeit a fairly large one? Also can I say that I was published in Transfusion, even if it was just my abstract and not the full article?

    Just curious how I would put such a thing on a resume/cv, and or cite it.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Scottish Chap

    Scottish Chap Physician PhD Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

    Aug 3, 2003
    Most people list it under "Abstracts" on their CV. Congratulations, and good luck presenting!
  4. kronickm

    kronickm even par. 2+ Year Member

    Feb 20, 2007
  5. Flopotomist

    Flopotomist I love the Chicago USPS 7+ Year Member

    May 22, 2005
    On your CV, you can just list a section called "Research" then list what it is.

Share This Page