What Exactly Do I Call It?

Started by kronickm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kronickm

even par.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am putting this in the non-trad forums because I am a non-trad and you people are so much nicer then the pre-allo folks. 🙂

So I am submitting an abstract for the AABB (american association of blood banks) conference. It will likely be a poster presentation. The accepted abstracts are published in a supplement to Transfusion, the journal of transfusion medicine.

Assuming the abstract is accepted, what do you call it? Is it a publication if it is just a poster at a conference, albeit a fairly large one? Also can I say that I was published in Transfusion, even if it was just my abstract and not the full article?

Just curious how I would put such a thing on a resume/cv, and or cite it.
 
I am putting this in the non-trad forums because I am a non-trad and you people are so much nicer then the pre-allo folks. 🙂

So I am submitting an abstract for the AABB (american association of blood banks) conference. It will likely be a poster presentation. The accepted abstracts are published in a supplement to Transfusion, the journal of transfusion medicine.

Assuming the abstract is accepted, what do you call it? Is it a publication if it is just a poster at a conference, albeit a fairly large one? Also can I say that I was published in Transfusion, even if it was just my abstract and not the full article?

Just curious how I would put such a thing on a resume/cv, and or cite it.
Most people list it under "Abstracts" on their CV. Congratulations, and good luck presenting!
 
On your CV, you can just list a section called "Research" then list what it is.