what exactly does supervising crnas entail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sup.

Members don't see this ad.

nitecap said:
Again I have never said that length nor type of training was equal. Never have, never will. Just stated that the same results can be derived with practitioners with different training.

How do you know that?
How long have all CRNAs that graduate been practicing anesthesia independently?
0 years, 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.

threepeas said:
How do you know that?
How long have all CRNAs that graduate been practicing anesthesia independently?
0 years, 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.

NOw you are using the word indepence which is an entire different word than supervision and an entirely diff. issue. Actually CRNA's do practice independently. However under Medicare Part A CMS rules and regs they must be supervised. This superviser can be a DDS, surgeon ect. Does not at all have to be a MDA. SO if we are unsafe and a DDS or surgeon can supervise the anesthetic then what does that say about your job. Can a DDS supervise a orthopodwhen he is doing a total knee. Can an orthopod supervise a dentist when he doing a root canal. YOur word supervision is merely CMS terminology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

You've got to love an inexperienced health care worker spouting politics and making comparisons from which they have nothing to base it.

I love when PA/Nurse/whatever use the we study the same book line, as if to infer their knowledge gained from such reading was actually judged by a test of medical student proportions. Seriously, every physician silently laughs to themselves when you spout off such silliness. Ask any health care worker who has left their job in health care to enroll in medical school the difference in knowledge needed just to pass a test and they'll honestly tell you.

Also, MDA is the gayest CRNA thing I've ever heard. We are not MDA's. We are doctors plain and simple. What do you call your supervisor who's a DO?
A DOA--hahahahaha!

You will always be a nurse. Just be happy with yourself. Also, I'd recommend brushing up on your English if you plan on pushing such a political agenda, nitecap.

Peace out

I don't know that there's any benefit in sparing with someone who is on a far 'lower', for lack of a better word, educational level This 'niecap' character has never dealt with the rigors of med school and residency. He doesn't know what medical training is like. When the stuff starts going down in the OR or perioperatively, he'll be right there crumping with the patient.

This person reminds me of a good story from freshman year. :laugh: Disclaimer: I love PA's two of my best friends are PAs. That said these gunnerific militant psycho's are just plain dangerous and give all health care providers a bad rep.

We had a med/law school x-mas part my 1st year, and since we had a lot of classes with PA, OT, PT students we decided to make it a healthcare/law mixer. It was a blast, some law student asked this PA student what the difference was between PA and Med school. (Note that this was in a room of medical students and everyone at the party, med, pa, ot , pt, especially the law students were having a great time.) The PA replies "Basically the difference is that we do all of what the medstudents do in half the time." He went on to say that they have more advanced training and dont need the extra time to learn "the basics" of medicine. A couple of my friends heard this and laughed thinking the guy was joking. He was dead serious, got pissed, and stated that PA school was far more competitive that Medical School, how he can do anything, has a huge penis, etc..............

He then went on the lash out at people and got kicked out. His fellow PA students shook their heads,rolled their eyes and we all went back to having fun.

The moral of the story is I would never go to a CRNA website, insult everyone, claim to know more about nursing than you(me being an incompetent 3rd year), and then go on to say someday all nurses will be replaced with robots.(robots in medicine would be pretty cool) Why would I do that? Its not gonna change anyones mind, it certainly not going to foster any positive communication or understanding. Its only gonna make me look like a real dingus. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT OF THE PARTY AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL GO ON HAVING A GREAT TIME. :)

The moral of the story is I would never go to a CRNA website, insult everyone, claim to know more about nursing than you(me being an incompetent 3rd year), and then go on to say someday all nurses will be replaced with robots.(robots in medicine would be pretty cool) Why would I do that? Its not gonna change anyones mind, it certainly not going to foster any positive communication or understanding. Its only gonna make me look like a real dingus. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT OF THE PARTY AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL GO ON HAVING A GREAT TIME

Amen! Great post.

Look, I know that you guys want another CRNA student posting on here like you want a nervous call from your lawyer on your week off, but I want to respond to some comments being tossed around. I didn't click my way over here to get political; swear. But the CRNA site is much less interesting. I know, shocker, right?

So I can get used to the fact that there is going to be some animosity between practitioners for as long as I work in the OR, it mostly boils down to dollar bills, and that's the way the world works. Nothing personal. But there seems to be another element at work in all of this.

You guys clearly feel disrespected by nitecap, and with his/her tone, its easy to see why. But I'm not seeing the statements in his posts that you guys are attributing to him. When has anyone, much less nitecap in this post, said that the training of CRNAs is EQUAL to that of anesthesiologists? The assertion is so ridiculous that it's hard for me to believe it has ever been said. When did he bash MDs? You guys are ganging up, and I admit he deserves it posting on SDN ad nauseum, but your own posts are hardly the stuff of reasoned discourse.

ALL nurses are liars? The AANA is al Queda in scrubs? Mid-levels are lazy? CRNAs will dominate the world because we're increasingly white men? Where does this stuff come from? Thank you, Al Gore, for the internet and online anonymity. If respect must be earned, it will rarely happen, if ever, over the freakin web. I plan on earning it, from surgeons, CRNAs, AAs, you guys, with the work I do to assist the sick-a$$ people out there.

Like has been said already, the ACT works. It's why I'm in CRNA school. If you don't want CRNAs administering anesthesia w/o an anesthesiologist, move to Buckfum after residency. (I don't want to be there either). If we need more practitioners to care for our country's people, and they prove to be as safe as MDs and RNs at delivering anesthetics, then by all means, bring on the AAs. As far as the professional organizations go, the AANA will protect the interests of its constituents, as will the ASA. Again, nothing personal, just our ghastly political system at work. Maybe the AA's would be better off if they had just hired Abramoff.

Sorry O.P.

Cap'nOblivious said:
Look, I know that you guys want another CRNA student posting on here like you want a nervous call from your lawyer on your week off, but I want to respond to some comments being tossed around. I didn't click my way over here to get political; swear. But the CRNA site is much less interesting. I know, shocker, right?

So I can get used to the fact that there is going to be some animosity between practitioners for as long as I work in the OR, it mostly boils down to dollar bills, and that's the way the world works. Nothing personal. But there seems to be another element at work in all of this.

You guys clearly feel disrespected by nitecap, and with his/her tone, its easy to see why. But I'm not seeing the statements in his posts that you guys are attributing to him. When has anyone, much less nitecap in this post, said that the training of CRNAs is EQUAL to that of anesthesiologists? The assertion is so ridiculous that it's hard for me to believe it has ever been said. When did he bash MDs? You guys are ganging up, and I admit he deserves it posting on SDN ad nauseum, but your own posts are hardly the stuff of reasoned discourse.

ALL nurses are liars? The AANA is al Queda in scrubs? Mid-levels are lazy? CRNAs will dominate the world because we're increasingly white men? Where does this stuff come from? Thank you, Al Gore, for the internet and online anonymity. If respect must be earned, it will rarely happen, if ever, over the freakin web. I plan on earning it, from surgeons, CRNAs, AAs, you guys, with the work I do to assist the sick-a$$ people out there.

Like has been said already, the ACT works. It's why I'm in CRNA school. If you don't want CRNAs administering anesthesia w/o an anesthesiologist, move to Buckfum after residency. (I don't want to be there either). If we need more practitioners to care for our country's people, and they prove to be as safe as MDs and RNs at delivering anesthetics, then by all means, bring on the AAs. As far as the professional organizations go, the AANA will protect the interests of its constituents, as will the ASA. Again, nothing personal, just our ghastly political system at work. Maybe the AA's would be better off if they had just hired Abramoff.

Sorry O.P.

Good Post, BUT myself being a resident of Buckfum, I am severely insulted by ur comments regarding my homeland. On behalf of the dozens upon dozens future health care providers who will actually work in North and South Buckfum I must demand a sincere apology.(In Buckfum, Thursday is surgery day......oh yeah..) :)

Cap'nOblivious said:

Sorry O.P.

CRNAs are necessary.
CRNAs deliver safe anesthetics
These are never the issues.
CRNA training is limited, not inferior just limited. As much as we wish our training was shorter, MDs all see how important it is to have the training when practicing independently. A programs training requirements have to be set for the lowest common denominator. In otherwords there may be some excellent NPs, PAs, and CRNAs that are smarter, more assertive, more competent to accept most of the responsibility that would come practicing without supervision. But does your training guarantee that the weakest, stupidist, meekist, least competent student that goes through your training will be able to practice without supervision? I believe that a BSN + 2 yrs of CRNA training is not enough to guarantee to society that they are going to receive the best and safest healthcare our country has to offer. That is why MD training takes so long. That is why we take four national board exams that we have to pass through out our training to practice without supervision in our specialty. That is why it takes on average 8 years after undergraduate school to get trained. It is so the lowest common denominator of a med student who becomes a resident who becomes an attending physician can practice without supervision safely.

MDs see how dangerous it is to practice medicine without supervision even after all our training so we get a little worried when a previously supervised care provider wants to go completely solo without their professional organization requiring any additional training. That is why I think this current move by your group is irresponsible.

I hope you can read this carefully and see the big picture point I am trying to make.

Again if AANA safety data is false than so is ASA's. Because the whatever number of anesthetics delivered involving MD providers largely involves the participation of CRNA's somewhere during that anesthetic. So pretty much if CRNA's were not safe then your numbers would reflect the lack of safety since about 38% of all practicing CRNA's (about 11,000 or a little more) are employed by MD run anesthesia groups. Another 30% are hospital employees which in many cases have MDA's employeed as well. I admire your education dont get me wrong, not denergrating the time and money you have committed to your profession. But lets just face it, the numbers just arent there to prove legitimate claims of unsafe practice, incompetence or anything of that sort. If indeed that was the case than CRNA's would not have the numbers, respect, and confidence of most other people, medical practitioners, health care administrators, American Hospital Association ect.

Again your interpretation of supervision whether now or 80 yrs ago is flawed. Supervision is mere CMS terminology for Medicare Part A reimburstment to hospitals not even anesthesia providers. A CRNA will always need the ok to administer the anesthetic. But to think that the plastic surgeon is supervising the anesthetic when Jim Bob CRNA is putting patients to sleep at a local Out pt Sx. center or that the DDS is supervising the CRNA when he does MAC cases at the dentist office is just wrong.

Supervision with Medicare part A entails that a MD/DO claim supervision over the practice. How do you think CRNA's have all CRNA groups in podunct south texas towns. The local surgeons have in writing that they over see the practice, they may review charts ect. The CRNA then can provide anesthesia within their scope of practice as long as they have an order to do so. You think that one surgeon is looking over the shoulder of those CRNA's while they are doing cases for that entire hopsital. The CRNA can then bill Medicare part B for his of her services.The opted out states have merely said that the practice does not have to have physician over site. Its not about telling the CRNA what drug to push, or what tech to use as you try to portray is many of the post here.

Hey your training is great, I admit, you guys are vital. You just have the whole supervision thing wrong man, which then causes you to get all flustered when someone doesnt agree with your views. Supervision is reimburstment jargon straight up. We will always need that order to deliver the anesthetic from a qualified person, surgeon, DDS ect that will never change.

nitecap said:
Again your interpretation of supervision whether now or 80 yrs ago is flawed. Supervision is mere CMS terminology for Medicare Part A reimburstment to hospitals not even anesthesia providers. A CRNA will always need the ok to administer the anesthetic. But to think that the plastic surgeon is supervising the anesthetic when Jim Bob CRNA is putting patients to sleep at a local Out pt Sx. center or that the DDS is supervising the CRNA when he does MAC cases at the dentist office is just wrong.

Previous post appreciated, but my interpretation of the "opt out" rule/law is that states can allow CRNAs to practice without any physician supervision if the governor feels it is in the best interest of its citizens, and that the CRNA can bill medicare. So if this is the case (correct if wrong) we might be back to where we started.

read this link by the ASA regarding this issue and give me your opinion.

http://www.asahq.org/Washington/nurseanesscope.pdf

gotta go to bed....

threepeas said:
Previous post appreciated, but my interpretation of the "opt out" rule/law is that states can allow CRNAs to practice without any physician supervision if the governor feels it is in the best interest of its citizens, and that the CRNA can bill medicare. So if this is the case (correct if wrong) we might be back to where we started.

read this link by the ASA regarding this issue and give me your opinion.

http://www.asahq.org/Washington/nurseanesscope.pdf

gotta go to bed....

Again Medicare part A is for hospital reimburstment. Medicare part B is practioner reimburstment. CRNA's may bill Medicare part B directly for the services they provide. A CRNA must always have an order to deliver the anesthetic. That is one large difference. A pt can goto a MDA pain mgmt guy and recieve neuraxial steriods whatever the MDA feels needed. The MDA needs no ok from any other MD. The CRNA will always need that orders

As far as medicare part A goes, CMS states that hospitals require supervision of CRNA's. A MD has to claim authority over their practice, it may be a surgeon, cheif of staff ect. The hospital in a non opted out state must have this in place. Those states that have opted out can have CRNA's practicing non medically directed. Their is no MD oversite over those practitioners. In non opted out states where CRNA's may be the only provider the MD that claims supervsion of those CRNA's takes a risk. If a incident happens and malpractice claims made they may go after him as well since he is supposed to be in charge and over seeing the practice. In an opted out state the hospital can still be reimburst by medicare despite not having a physician over seeing practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
YOur ability to post these longwinded posts while repeating yourself over and over again, just goes to show how less taxing your training is and how much free time you have. :thumbdown:

Sure. Similarly to those of you that claim to be attendings in busy practices but some how are on this forum at all times of everyday.When are you actually providing care to pts. CRNA's must be doing the work while you guys sit in the office and browse. Very common scenario of what goes on in the real world.

All that could be said has been said here. We will never see eye to eye on this so just suck it up and be a man. I can debate you guys forever countering all the claims you make with way more detailed, informative and factual based posts. This aurgument is over for now unless someone with true debate skills wants to bring some facts and real knowledge about these issues to the table. The whole I went to school longer so I should control everything aurgument, even if it means decreased access to patients, is way old and if you havent figured out by now highly ineffective.

nitecap said:
Sure. Similarly to those of you that claim to be attendings in busy practices but some how are on this forum at all times of everyday.When are you actually providing care to pts. CRNA's must be doing the work while you guys sit in the office and browse. Very common scenario of what goes on in the real world.

All that could be said has been said here. We will never see eye to eye on this so just suck it up and be a man. I can debate you guys forever countering all the claims you make with way more detailed, informative and factual based posts. This aurgument is over for now unless someone with true debate skills wants to bring some facts and real knowledge about these issues to the table. The whole I went to school longer so I should control everything aurgument, even if it means decreased access to patients, is way old and if you havent figured out by now highly ineffective.
What amazes me is that a STUDENT thinks they actually have "real knowledge" about the issues. Real knowledge doesn't come from those indoctrination classes. It comes from working in the real world. All you know at the moment has been spoon-fed to you from the AANA.

jwk said:
What amazes me is that a STUDENT thinks they actually have "real knowledge" about the issues. Real knowledge doesn't come from those indoctrination classes. It comes from working in the real world. All you know at the moment has been spoon-fed to you from the AANA.

Please JWK spare me the lecture. My current level of understanding these issues will only grow greater as my experience does. You have seen nothing yet. Have a good one.

nitecap said:
Those states that have opted out can have CRNA's practicing non medically directed. Their is no MD oversite over those practitioners.

Question: If a CRNA is practicing in a hospital whose state allows CRNAs to bill medicare part A independently do they still need an order from a MD to provide the anesthesia? In your Medicare part B scenario it sounded like the CRNA wasn't practicing independently b/c they stilled needed a prescription/order, but they could bill independently.

nitecap said:
Please JWK spare me the lecture. My current level of understanding these issues will only grow greater as my experience does. You have seen nothing yet. Have a good one.

:sleep:

nitecap said:

How a student nurse anesthetist can come to a doctor forum, contribute nothing to the meaningful threads, and litter this forum with such propaganda and arrogance on only-controversial-threads is really beyond my comprehension.

Reminds me of the delusional people who insist they have singing talent on American Idol.

Sorry, delusional individual. Simon says you are singing way, way out of key, and as he says, you are the absolute worst audition to date.

threepeas said:
Question: If a CRNA is practicing in a hospital whose state allows CRNAs to bill medicare part A independently do they still need an order from a MD to provide the anesthesia? In your Medicare part B scenario it sounded like the CRNA wasn't practicing independently b/c they stilled needed a prescription/order, but they could bill independently.

Medicare part A is hospital/facility reimburstment. Medicare part B is provider reimburstment. CRNA's can bill for Medicare part B in all states. They need the order for anesthesia from say Surgery or DDS. Order not having to be drug, type, route, specific. Once that order is recieved CRNA may order anything deemed necessay to deliver the anesthetic whether it be xrays, ecg, labs, consults ect. CRNA's always need the order to administer, that again will never change. Sorry to repeat this again but 3 peas still hasnt got it so just hammering it in. In a state that has opted out hospitals are allowed to let CRNA's administer anesthesia without a physician taking oversite of their practice. One physician may claim oversite for all the CRNA's doing all the cases at that hospital in a nonopted out yet CRNA only practice. If opted out this oversite isnt needed. Opting out does not at all pretain to the CRNA needing the order to administer the anesthetic, this regulation will never change.

nitecap said:

All that could be said has been said here. We will never see eye to eye on this so just suck it up and be a man. I can debate you guys forever countering all the claims you make with way more detailed, informative and factual based posts. This argument is over for now unless someone with true debate skills wants to bring some facts and real knowledge about these issues to the table. The whole I went to school longer so I should control everything argument, even if it means decreased access to patients, is way old and if you haven't figured out by now highly ineffective.

Please, bonehead. Read some of my past threads. I am in a all MD practice. I have the time to spend on this forum b/c I can wake a pt up at the end of a case comfortably and have them in the PACU within a few minutes of closure singing the national anthem while I visit with my next case, have coffee, talk to the nurses, pick on the surgeons, call my wife, make ski plans for the afternoon, and put a block n the next pt when they arrive in the block area all b/4 the room can be ready for the next case (10-20minutes). When you can do this, call me. Then I may be interested in a crna. Until then, forget it.

Son, you are out of your league here, and the sad thing is that you have NO CLUE. You can spout all your political jargon that has been fed to you by your nursing assoc. b/c your mind is pliable but when you graduate (god help us) and get a real job, things will change. You spout this **** to your new boss and your quickly looking for job number 2. Keep it up dipsh*t. Your like a little leaguer trying to tell Albert Pujols how to hit a baseball. It ain't happenin'.

And another thing A$$HOLE. You are going to critisize me for spending time on this forum when you probably benefit more than most from the posts that I and other seasoned practitioners post here. You are one hell of an arrogant SOB.

What is your address?

I do like most of your clinical post, dont get me wrong. Address? Sorry many, not disclosing. What is yours?

duplicate, my bad.

nitecap said:
I do like most of your clinical post, dont get me wrong. Address? Sorry many, not disclosing. What is yours?

Now your starting to sound like a chic. Asking for my address.

YOu obviously know why I asked for yours.

Noyac said:
Now your starting to sound like a chic. Asking for my address.

YOu obviously know why I asked for yours.

Yeah, I know. You can handle problems like The Wolfe...just like with your ortho buddy who wanted to do a knee scope while the sky was falling in the operating room!!! :smuggrin:

I believe you asked me for mine first. No, have no idea why you want my address please enlighten me. This is a forum why would you ask me that in the first place. Feel thats a little personal.

nitecap said:
I believe you asked me for mine first. No, have no idea why you want my address please enlighten me. This is a forum why would you ask me that in the first place. Feel thats a little personal.

I think he wants to settle this gangsta style.

Dont go near your windows tonight.

:laugh: :laugh: joke. just a joke.

Not to worried. Im more bout it than you think.

Exactly what are you guitly of that I have witnessed. Forgot you were Agent JPP SDN profiler. Nah we can handle things the old fashion way. Get it over with and after feel much better and not have a problem with each other after. I pack a pretty hard right and am known to throw an occassional sucker punch and when down the old crow hop cowboy lick ya heard me.

Have read much of this thread from the beginning, but missed the last couple of days...

Nitecap, consider this:

Your newborn son has very complex congenital heart disease and needs repair. Two people stand before you: an MD with a peds anesthesia fellowship from CHOP, has been performing anesthetics for 15 years; a CRNA who also does peds anesthesia for the last 15 years, training at a place that is prestigious. Tell us, who would you want behind the curtain in the OR. If you answer CRNA, you clearly aren't being truthful, or you may not have kids yet.

Case closed. This is why CRNAs will NEVER "rule." MDs will always run the ultimate show, as they should.

Sodak said:
Have read much of this thread from the beginning, but missed the last couple of days...

Nitecap, consider this:

Your newborn son has very complex congenital heart disease and needs repair. Two people stand before you: an MD with a peds anesthesia fellowship from CHOP, has been performing anesthetics for 15 years; a CRNA who also does peds anesthesia for the last 15 years, training at a place that is prestigious. Tell us, who would you want behind the curtain in the OR. If you answer CRNA, you clearly aren't being truthful, or you may not have kids yet.

Case closed. This is why CRNAs will NEVER "rule." MDs will always run the ultimate show, as they should.

A scenario such is this (above) will always be the closing argument of any conversation/trial/legislative decision between CRNA supervision and MDs, albeit more eloquently stated than I have written. Imagine that juror, American citizen, or judge considering their loved one who is extremely ill. Who do you think they would choose? A nurse, or a doc.

Yeah, I thought so.

In this case I would want the practitioner that has done the most pedi heart cases without a doubt. If it is the MD then so be it. Same goes with almost any other issue.

Who are you going to let do your back surgery. The neuro surg. that only did 25 of the type of surgery you need or the one that has done 2000. Poor aurgument.

Who are you going to let do your wifes OB anethesia. THe MDA that has been working in a Out pt surgery center doing plastics for the last 15 years are the CRNA that has worked only OB for the last 15 years. When it comes down to this its all about experience man. Who has the most exposure and expertise with that case. Saw an attending the other day, great MDA but has done CV surgery for the past 17yrs, and was damn good at it and highly recognized. Got floated to OB b/c another attending was sick and he honestly admitted he didnt feel comfortable doing the OB cases. He hadnt done a epidural or spinal in years. So really that aurgument only holds up under certain cirumstances. And how many hospitals are doing huge pedi congenital hrt cases out there. Im sure a few but its not like its mainstream and every community hospital out there is doing this.

nitecap said:
In this case I would want the practitioner that has done the most pedi heart cases without a doubt. If it is the MD then so be it. Same goes with almost any other issue.

Who are you going to let do your back surgery. The neuro surg. that only did 25 of the type of surgery you need or the one that has done 2000. Poor aurgument.

Who are you going to let do your wifes OB anethesia. THe MDA that has been working in a Out pt surgery center doing plastics for the last 15 years are the CRNA that has worked only OB for the last 15 years. When it comes down to this its all about experience man. Who has the most exposure and expertise with that case. Saw an attending the other day, great MDA but has done CV surgery for the past 17yrs, and was damn good at it and highly recognized. Got floated to OB b/c another attending was sick and he honestly admitted he didnt feel comfortable doing the OB cases. He hadnt done a epidural or spinal in years. So really that aurgument only holds up under certain cirumstances. And how many hospitals are doing huge pedi congenital hrt cases out there. Im sure a few but its not like its mainstream and every community hospital out there is doing this.

Before you cry "poor argument" and then cite your rebuttals, consider comparing apples to apples rather than apples to oranges. When you take a MD who really does nothing but CV, then put him on an OB floor and compare him to a CRNA who does a lot of OB, this is comparing apples to oranges.

Consider the following, and stay consistent with your comparisons: Said loved one needs CV surgery, choose b/w CV MD or CV CRNA, same years of experience, same number of cases, outcomes of said cases unknown (because hey, no one EVER knows a doc's past record with things). Said loved one needs OB anesthesia, choose b/w MD or CRNA. Dude, the vast vast vast majority of fellow Americans will ALWAYS choose MD over NURSE. There may be a few outlyers who vote NURSE, but more than likely, they will be family members of CRNAs and are thereby biased voters.

Dude, you can't win. Go to med school so you don't have an inferiority complex anymore. Perhaps your pissed cuz you didn't get accepted?

Nah wasnt worth applying to me. Not if I can do many of the same things you do, make the same impact on society and financially be equavilant to many MD's.

In your case above I would feel comfortable letting either or as long as both have proven records of great experience, with positive outcomes. Lets be realistic though how many real life situations is a pt having to choose between either or. Half the time its more like pts are happy to receive anesthesia care at all without having to drive 150 miles to the next largest city.

This aurgument is over man, we have said all there is to say and yet proven or resolved nothing. It's pointless to continue, we will never see eye to eye.

nitecap said:
Nah wasnt worth applying to me. Not if I can do many of the same things you do, make the same impact on society and financially be equavilant to many MD's.

In your case above I would feel comfortable letting either or as long as both have proven records of great experience, with positive outcomes. Lets be realistic though how many real life situations is a pt having to choose between either or. Half the time its more like pts are happy to receive anesthesia care at all without having to drive 150 miles to the next largest city.

This aurgument is over man, we have said all there is to say and yet proven or resolved nothing. It's pointless to continue, we will never see eye to eye.

this guy is a jack ass.. Just copy his posts and send to the baylor college of medicine department of anesthesiology and ask about him. thats where they are training him. I would fail him on the spot dont let him near any patients. Im sure everyone knows who this douche bag is. Prob have to bail him out all the time.. talk to the chairwoman there and ask her to kick his ass out of the program

who the freak is he to be coming on a physician website spewing all of this.. Am i the only one pissed about this?

icudoc22 said:
who the freak is he to be coming on a physician website spewing all of this.. Am i the only one pissed about this?
i

icudoc22 said:

He/she sure does talk a lot. An interesting point is judging by nitecaps post in 2004 talking about md's offering to pay his/her tuition, nite cap is at most 1-2 years out of anesthetic NURSING school. They must have filled your gullible head with lots of crap to make you think you have anything at all to back up your mouth on this forum. :laugh:

calm down there sea biscuit

nitecap said:

The day I see CRNAs managing patients in the ICU is the day I will quit anesthesiology.

NP's and PA's manage pt's in the ICU all over the country. Yeah many times they work for a MD run intensivist team but if the MD is at home 10 miles away at 2 in the morn and the pt crumps they have to run the show.

please stop nitecap

nitecap said:

Reminds me of my delusional teenager.

I have a BA in chemistry. After one week of high school chem, my 16 year old was a general chem expert. In Jet-junior's mind, Dad didnt know s hit.

People with a LITTLE experience are dangerous.

jetproppilot said:
Reminds me of my delusional teenager.

I have a BA in chemistry. After one week of high school chem, my 16 year old was a general chem expert. In Jet-junior's mind, Dad didnt know s hit.

People with a LITTLE experience are dangerous.

Really man, enough. You dont want to go to war with me again man. Drop it.

nitecap said:
Really man, enough. You dont want to go to war with me again man. Drop it.

I've figured it out...

you always have to have the last word, huh?

Threw out the bait, just a little post, and 30 seconds later you're telling me to drop it.

You're a troll, dude. Face it. Youre not wanted on this forum, you wanna post propeganda, you wanna try and always have the last word, well dude, this is a doctor forum This is OUR forum. You contribute nothing positively. You contribute everything antagonistically.

Venty's gonna have to close this thread down because ya know what? I, and the anesthesia-sdn world are sick of your arrogant, inexperienced self posting AANA propeganda s hit on SDN, and I'm not gonna let you, a student nurse, have the last word on a doctor forum. Please read Noyac's post on how he conveyed to an orthopedist that now was not an appropriate time to post a knee scope.

99.999% of CRNAs on this planet would cringe at your student-nurse arrogance.

So grease up your subordinate fingers, and get ready for some typing until Venty gets out of his liver case.

Status
Not open for further replies.