What grad schools can I get into after a bio degree?

Started by Jojo Jo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jojo Jo

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I don't want to sound too stupid, but I really need your help!
I am in my second year as a bio major. I wanted to do pharmacy but I got accepted as a bio! I was thinking of doing my pre-pharm. in 3 years and then apply to pharmacy school, but now I don't want to because first of all it is very competitive to get in and I don't want to waste my money and time and then don't get accepted. Also I heard that it is very stressful and you don't have time for yourself or your family. I know of people who dropped out of pharmacy after their first or second year because they couldn't manage it, some switched majors, and others graduated and can't find a job. So I decided that I will get my bio degree and then do something else after because I want to get into a grad school, but I have no idea what graduate schools other than med. or pharmacy that would accept me with my bachelor in bio. So please if you can help me answer these questions:

1) what major and what do they do after graduation(like what do they work at/with)?
2) how many years would it take to finish school?
3) will there be jobs in the future for this major?
4) salary.

The reason why I am concerned about the future jobs and salary is because I don't want to go to school for years and taking out loans and then graduate and can't find a job or pay off my debts.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hi everyone,
I don't want to sound too stupid, but I really need your help!
I am in my second year as a bio major. I wanted to do pharmacy but I got accepted as a bio! I was thinking of doing my pre-pharm. in 3 years and then apply to pharmacy school, but now I don't want to because first of all it is very competitive to get in and I don't want to waste my money and time and then don't get accepted. Also I heard that it is very stressful and you don't have time for yourself or your family. I know of people who dropped out of pharmacy after their first or second year because they couldn't manage it, some switched majors, and others graduated and can't find a job. So I decided that I will get my bio degree and then do something else after because
I want to get into a grad school, but I have no idea what graduate schools other than med. or pharmacy that would accept me with my bachelor in bio. So please if you can help me answer these questions:

1) what major and what do they do after graduation(like what do they work at/with)?
2) how many years would it take to finish school?
3) will there be jobs in the future for this major?
4) salary.


The reason why I am concerned about the future jobs and salary is because I don't want to go to school for years and taking out loans and then graduate and can't find a job or pay off my debts.

Thanks in advance!


You really do not know what graduate schools / programs would accept you with a bachelor degree in Bio ??

It seems that you might be confused about graduate and professional programs. Graduate programs are different from professional programs. Graduate programs are academic / research - oriented programs (e.g. master / PhD) while professional programs are producing professionals in applied / clinical sciences which usually require a license from the federal / state governing agencies to practice the profession (e.g. law, accounting, finance, management, medicine, podiatry, chiropractic, dentistry, pharmacy, physician assistant, physical therapy, nursing, etc).

Then for your questions #1, 2, 3, 4, google the graduate or professional programs that you are interested in for answers. GL 🙂
 
Last edited: