What grad schools can I get into after a bio degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jojo Jo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I don't want to sound too stupid, but I really need your help!
I am in my second year as a bio major. I wanted to do pharmacy but I got accepted as a bio! I was thinking of doing my pre-pharm. in 3 years and then apply to pharmacy school, but now I don't want to because first of all it is very competitive to get in and I don't want to waste my money and time and then don't get accepted. Also I heard that it is very stressful and you don't have time for yourself or your family. I know of people who dropped out of pharmacy after their first or second year because they couldn't manage it, some switched majors, and others graduated and can't find a job. So I decided that I will get my bio degree and then do something else after because I want to get into a grad school, but I have no idea what graduate schools other than med. or pharmacy that would accept me with my bachelor in bio. So please if you can help me answer these questions:

1) what major and what do they do after graduation(like what do they work at/with)?
2) how many years would it take to finish school?
3) will there be jobs in the future for this major?
4) salary.

The reason why I am concerned about the future jobs and salary is because I don't want to go to school for years and taking out loans and then graduate and can't find a job or pay off my debts.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I don't want to sound too stupid, but I really need your help!
I am in my second year as a bio major. I wanted to do pharmacy but I got accepted as a bio! I was thinking of doing my pre-pharm. in 3 years and then apply to pharmacy school, but now I don't want to because first of all it is very competitive to get in and I don't want to waste my money and time and then don't get accepted. Also I heard that it is very stressful and you don't have time for yourself or your family. I know of people who dropped out of pharmacy after their first or second year because they couldn't manage it, some switched majors, and others graduated and can't find a job. So I decided that I will get my bio degree and then do something else after because
I want to get into a grad school, but I have no idea what graduate schools other than med. or pharmacy that would accept me with my bachelor in bio. So please if you can help me answer these questions:

1) what major and what do they do after graduation(like what do they work at/with)?
2) how many years would it take to finish school?
3) will there be jobs in the future for this major?
4) salary.

The reason why I am concerned about the future jobs and salary is because I don't want to go to school for years and taking out loans and then graduate and can't find a job or pay off my debts.

Thanks in advance!

You really do not know what graduate schools / programs would accept you with a bachelor degree in Bio ??

It seems that you might be confused about graduate and professional programs. Graduate programs are different from professional programs. Graduate programs are academic / research - oriented programs (e.g. master / PhD) while professional programs are producing professionals in applied / clinical sciences which usually require a license from the federal / state governing agencies to practice the profession (e.g. law, accounting, finance, management, medicine, podiatry, chiropractic, dentistry, pharmacy, physician assistant, physical therapy, nursing, etc).

Then for your questions #1, 2, 3, 4, google the graduate or professional programs that you are interested in for answers. GL :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users