Quantcast

What happened to the studyingmedicine.com website?

Application is now open for MD & PhD 2022 Intake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omniatlas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone can point me to another informative ireland medical website that'll be just fine, too.

flusky

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge its been down for over a week but Trinity says it should be up and running...I wish I had an answer to!

Interested to see what happens

It's been down since August/September...Hussain Nayyar the guy behind the webiste has probably graduated or is too busy in Final Med to maintain it this year. It's a shame it had a lot of potential...the BioSoc should have taken it over and incorporated it into their website. Having said that...the BioSoc website hasn't been updated at all this year!!!

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah, I dunno what happened to studyingmedicine.com. I'll ask someone about it who might know. I tried getting an affiliation with them or incorporating studyingmedicine.com into SDN when I heard that it wasn't being maintained, but did not ever receive a response. Will look into it. HI TRIN :)

strad

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They went bust.
Got grant from government - hired a web design company who spent all their money very quickly.
It's a pity.

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An Irish SDNer with connections to the group who originally ran studyingmedicine.com is in the process of trying to get this website up and running again.

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by strad
They went bust.
Got grant from government - hired a web design company who spent all their money very quickly.
It's a pity.

Mistake #1.

I am an HTML novice but I can create a sweet website with Dreamweaver.

I have seen too many people sink their websites paying design companies.