You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What happened to Zpak?
Started by kkelloww
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I saw this thread and went, "That's weird, we dispensed a bunch today and didn't hear anything wrong with its availability when we did our order."
zpack is still here....believe me he's here in EPIC proportions...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where have you been, under a rock?
I defeated him.
He's at an OU game.
He's at an OU game.
I was unaware they had John Deere parking at OU games.
I'm glad he left. He was getting on my nerves.
me too..
Where have you been, under a rock?
Integrated Sequence 5 and 6 (Cardiology), so in other words, yes I have been under a rock.
They're both getting on my nerves. The drug rep jokes are soooooooo last-week. Please God... save me from one more drug rep joke. Such a n00b...I'm glad he left. He was getting on my nerves.
😎
They're both getting on my nerves. The drug rep jokes are soooooooo last-week. Please God... save me from one more drug rep joke. Such a n00b...
😎
So be glad you aren't accused of being one!!! 😉
Hussshh. You're a culprit in all of this too. I wanna puke every time I read one of those jokes.So be glad you aren't accused of being one!!! 😉

The golf small talk is annoying too, but I'll leave that one alone today.
No. I've never actually been accused of being one. Every new person I meet just wants to know if I'm studying to be one, which is waaaayyy worse.
me too..
Yeah me three.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're both getting on my nerves. The drug rep jokes are soooooooo last-week. Please God... save me from one more drug rep joke. Such a n00b...😎
I think cephalosporins rock the house so there....I know this because my drug rep friend Epic told me so when we were playing golf taking pictures of random birds.....
Since this is a post about Z-Pack and random non-pharmacy related content, which is his specialty. I give you this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uSu2fTIOQ&feature=related
The most awsome song playing on the radio right now....Check out the video.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uSu2fTIOQ&feature=related
The most awsome song playing on the radio right now....Check out the video.....
I've been tested on those ******* three times so far, and I despise them!!! I don't give a flying **** what's first generation, second generation, blah blah blah (even though I know that a cephalosporin ending with xil, lin, xin, or rin is a first generation, etc.). Thankfully there's an RXlynn around here, so the RinXinLIN sticks in my head. Zones and screwed-up dimes (zimes and ximes) are third gen (zone, xone, xime, zime, Omnicef, etc.) Blah, blah, blah... I hate Cephalosporins!!!!I think cephalosporins rock the house so there....I know this because my drug rep friend Epic told me so when we were playing golf taking pictures of random birds.....
Don't take up for Epic's laziness. He's more original than drug rep jokes and golf small talk.
That's soooooo last-year Mountaindewd! I'll forgive you though. Jared Leto was such a cutie in My So Called Life. He was dreamy 😍Since this is a post about Z-Pack and random non-pharmacy related content, which is his specialty. I give you this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uSu2fTIOQ&feature=related
The most awsome song playing on the radio right now....Check out the video.....
That's soooooo last-year Mountaindewd! I'll forgive you though. Jared Leto was such a cutie in My So Called Life. He was dreamy 😍
Seriously? I just heard it the other day. D*mn I am always the last to hear about things.....Still an awsome song.
i think jared leto's an extremely good looking guy...except when he dresses up like an emo-clown for his lame *** band
They play all kinds of music on the radio. They've been playing The Offspring's song Gone Away a lot lately on my local radio station. It's an awesome song from their 1997 album.Seriously? I just heard it the other day. D*mn I am always the last to hear about things.....Still an awsome song.
I've been listening to more jazzy stuff lately though, mostly Sam Cooke, Nat King Cole, Corinne Bailey Rae, and Amy Winehouse (she's a crazy but lovely lady- this is one of hers that I really like: You Know I'm No Good).
His black eyeliner is tragic 🙁i think jared leto's an extremely good looking guy...except when he dresses up like an emo-clown for his lame *** band
I think cephalosporins rock the house so there....I know this because my drug rep friend Epic told me so when we were playing golf taking pictures of random birds.....
As long as you guys weren't trying to hit the birds with your shots...I hear that can get you in trouble!
I heard he's aimlessely roaming the himalayas on his little john deere... looking for the truth.
I miss him badly. 😀
I like Zpak and Epic's jokes, they are funny.

cephalosporins are easy yo.. you just need to know:
1st gen: cefazolin, cephalexin
2nd gen: cefuroxime, cefotetan, cefoxitin
3rd gen: cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, ceftazidime
4th gen: cefepime
5th gen: ceftobiprole
Oh..and Vantin.
cefotetan and cefoxitin have anaerobic coverage
ceftazidime, cefepime, and ceftobiprole covers pseudomonas
ceftobiprole covers MRSA...
And everything else is all about the same..
Yeah yeah you'll get your generic lecture of "1st gen has better gram positive coverage..and 3rd gen has better gram neg coverage.." BS.
1st gen: cefazolin, cephalexin
2nd gen: cefuroxime, cefotetan, cefoxitin
3rd gen: cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, ceftazidime
4th gen: cefepime
5th gen: ceftobiprole
Oh..and Vantin.
cefotetan and cefoxitin have anaerobic coverage
ceftazidime, cefepime, and ceftobiprole covers pseudomonas
ceftobiprole covers MRSA...
And everything else is all about the same..
Yeah yeah you'll get your generic lecture of "1st gen has better gram positive coverage..and 3rd gen has better gram neg coverage.." BS.
I miss him badly. 😀
I like Zpak and Epic's jokes, they are funny.![]()
I know for a fact that Zpack and I never tried to be funny or crack jokes..
This is a serious forum with serious topics. And I try to be sincere and genuine in my posts... like Zpack.
As long as you guys weren't trying to hit the birds with your shots...I hear that can get you in trouble!
yeah..aint that something?
Since this is a post about Z-Pack and random non-pharmacy related content, which is his specialty. I give you this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uSu2fTIOQ&feature=related
The most awsome song playing on the radio right now....Check out the video.....
That song sucks dude.. I hear Zpack is working on this...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGLuA1cnB04[/youtube]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And I will give you this...Since this is a post about Z-Pack and random non-pharmacy related content, which is his specialty. I give you this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5uSu2fTIOQ&feature=related
The most awsome song playing on the radio right now....Check out the video.....
Kansas Sucks
And I will give you this...
Kansas Sucks
Chit.. Kansas can play football, and Kansas can play basketball...
They got a good thing going. Better hope Mangino stays healthy.
yeah..aint that something?
Told you to stay away from the ducks in your neighborhood!!
cephalosporins are easy yo.. you just need to know:
1st gen: cefazolin, cephalexin
2nd gen: cefuroxime, cefotetan, cefoxitin
3rd gen: cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, ceftazidime
4th gen: cefepime
5th gen: ceftobiprole
Oh..and Vantin.
cefotetan and cefoxitin have anaerobic coverage
ceftazidime, cefepime, and ceftobiprole covers pseudomonas
ceftobiprole covers MRSA...
And everything else is all about the same..
Yeah yeah you'll get your generic lecture of "1st gen has better gram positive coverage..and 3rd gen has better gram neg coverage.." BS.
Ya forgot to mention beta-lactamase resistance/staph coverage like the CONDoM penicillins!
And they'll undoubtedly ask you something goofy about hypersensitivity/allergic reactions...cefotetan/cefmandole/cefoperazone..."tan man in the endzone" 😎
Is ceftobiprole even out yet? I'd be curious to see the $ numbers if it is...would be a fun one to watch.
Hey Epic...what happened with that quick ID thing you were talking about a while back...to distinguish between faecium/faecalis? Or was it candida? I can't remember... Did you bite?
And I will give you this...
Kansas Sucks
Don't be jealous!!! Not everyone can be from the great state of Kansas. I forgive you......
Ya forgot to mention beta-lactamase resistance/staph coverage like the CONDoM penicillins!
And they'll undoubtedly ask you something goofy about hypersensitivity/allergic reactions...cefotetan/cefmandole/cefoperazone..."tan man in the endzone" 😎
Is ceftobiprole even out yet? I'd be curious to see the $ numbers if it is...would be a fun one to watch.
Hey Epic...what happened with that quick ID thing you were talking about a while back...to distinguish between faecium/faecalis? Or was it candida? I can't remember... Did you bite?
ehh, I know not what you're talking about with the PCNs...
I would think ceftobiprole would be priced near Zyvox... around $150 per day?
PNA-FISH... it's a nice initiative if an institution has high use of echinocandins.
ehh, I know not what you're talking about with the PCNs...
I would think ceftobiprole would be priced near Zyvox... around $150 per day?
PNA-FISH... it's a nice initiative if an institution has high use of echinocandins.
List'em. What are the anti-staph PCNs?
Is there a date set for ceftobiprole? It's coming out in '08 right?
That song sucks dude.. I hear Zpack is working on this...
Well, if you're going with that...I'll put in a request for "more than a feeling" 😀
List'em. What are the anti-staph PCNs?
Is there a date set for ceftobiprole? It's coming out in '08 right?
Anti - Staph PCNs aren't cephalosporins yo...
And Yes, I think ceftobiprole is coming out this year...it'll be a luke warm buzz.
Well, if you're going with that...I'll put in a request for "more than a feeling" 😀
Zpack already knows how to play that ...
Anti - Staph PCNs aren't cephalosporins yo...
And Yes, I think ceftobiprole is coming out this year...it'll be a luke warm buzz.
I never said they were, dood. But they'll ask her about over-lapping coverage.
Go on...list'em.
Zpack already knows how to play that ...
How about some Clapton?
I never said they were, dood. But they'll ask her about over-lapping coverage.
Go on...list'em.
oh..c'mon. Don't make me. I know them by heart... I really do.
oh..c'mon. Don't make me. I know them by heart... I really do.
lol...alright...i'll let you off the hook. You cried uncle. 😀
Ummmm... thanks but no thanks. I have almost zero interest in ID now that we've studied it even though I love cells. Give me some asthma, acid/base, or allergies. I'll take some NSAIDS too.cephalosporins are easy yo.. you just need to know:
1st gen: cefazolin, cephalexin
2nd gen: cefuroxime, cefotetan, cefoxitin
3rd gen: cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, ceftazidime
4th gen: cefepime
5th gen: ceftobiprole
Oh..and Vantin.
cefotetan and cefoxitin have anaerobic coverage
ceftazidime, cefepime, and ceftobiprole covers pseudomonas
ceftobiprole covers MRSA...
And everything else is all about the same..
Yeah yeah you'll get your generic lecture of "1st gen has better gram positive coverage..and 3rd gen has better gram neg coverage.." BS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Horay! Horah! Mizzou! Mizzou!Don't be jealous!!! Not everyone can be from the great state of Kansas. I forgive you......
Methicillin, Oxacillin, Cloxacillin, Dicloxacillin, Nafcillin
MRSA- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
MRSA- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Methicillin, Oxacillin, Cloxacillin, Dicloxacillin, Nafcillin
MRSA- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
😀 See, there's your mnemonic...CONDoM
COD can be given PO (like fish).
COND...no renal dosing adjustment necessary.
I've been tested on those ******* three times so far, and I despise them!!! I don't give a flying **** what's first generation, second generation, blah blah blah (even though I know that a cephalosporin ending with xil, lin, xin, or rin is a first generation, etc.). Thankfully there's an RXlynn around here, so the RinXinLIN sticks in my head. Zones and screwed-up dimes (zimes and ximes) are third gen (zone, xone, xime, zime, Omnicef, etc.) Blah, blah, blah... I hate Cephalosporins!!!!
Don't take up for Epic's laziness. He's more original than drug rep jokes and golf small talk.
glad to be of help! Now, I'll just have to remember that for when I take Infectious Disease!!
Thanks! It really helped!glad to be of help! Now, I'll just have to remember that for when I take Infectious Disease!!
For anyone who's curious...
This is only a small part of the information that I had to memorize for a test (just to give you an idea: throw in all of the other cell wall synthesis inhibitors, protein and nucleic acid synthesis inhibitors, the structures, the sensitive/resistant organisms, the routes of excretion, plus tidbit details here and there). I didn't memorize the second generation cephs, because it was easier to learn the first and third and then assume anything else was second generation (Cefuroxime, Cefuroxime Axetil, and Cefepime were the only exceptions).
I underlined the ends of the drugs to make it easier to memorize them, like it's done in the list.
Generations Plus Routes of Administration:
First Generation:
Cephalexin --> Oral
Cefadroxil --> Oral
Cephradine --> Oral, Parenteral
Cephalothin --> Parenteral
Cefapirin --> Parenteral
Cefazolin --> Parenteral
Second Generation:
Cefaclor --> Oral
Cefamandole --> Parenteral
Cefuroxime --> Parenteral
Cefuroxime Axetil --> Oral
Cefonicid --> Parenteral
Ceforanide --> Parenteral
Cefoxitin --> Parenteral
Cefotetan --> Parenteral
Cefmetazole --> Parenteral
Cefprozil --> Oral
Loracarbef --> Oral
Third Generation:
Cefotaxime --> Parenteral
Ceftizoxime --> Parenteral
Ceftriaxone --> Parenteral
Ceftazidime --> Parenteral
Cefoperozone --> Parenteral
Cefmenoxime --> Parenteral
Cefixime --> Oral
Cefdinir --> Oral
Cefpodoxime --> Oral
Cefditoren --> Oral
Moxalactam --> Parenteral
Fourth Generation:
Cefepime --> Parenteral
Their stability in acid and resistance to beta-lactamase were also listed, but I left those off.
I had an enormous headache after this exam!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 4K