what happens to observation forms if rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prodigiousflame

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
if someone hypothetically gets rejected from every school they apply to, and want to apply again the following year, do they have to get their observation forms filled out again?? Or can they schools the person applied to keep the observation forms on file? I would hate to go back to therapists a year later and ask them to fill out ten forms when they've probably forgotten about me.

Members don't see this ad.

I understand, it's a pain to ask for LORs especially after a year of applying. Some schools may keep them on file for a year only but most schools would like you to renew them, meaning get fresh new LORs. OTCAS, especially, requires new LORs every year.

so that includes LOR's and the observation forms proving that you've observed?

With regards to observation forms, I would make copies of them in case I'd reapply to the same school or use them for another schools. If schools have specific observation forms, you may use the same one but I'd ask the admissions. I did not apply to a school that requires a specific observation form but many of the programs I applied to simply wanted information of the place, the OT, and total number of hours.