Status
Not open for further replies.

Epen

Person that is Here
Jul 2, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Borders is finally liquidating its assets, so I went to two different stores in my area just to raid the shelves. The discounts are pretty light this early in the game, but I still scored some of those plastic cheat sheets for chem and a anatomy/physiology coloring book, all for well under $20. :cool:

What is everyone else getting from Borders? Would you have gotten it if it wasn't going under? What awesome steals have you found?

V5RED

PGY-0 Family Medicine
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2011
Status
Medical Student
When I went the "clearance" prices were still higher than Amazon's prices.

Snuke

5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Seattle's Best Syrups for $2.50 instead of $12. Bought ten of them. :thumbup: Only bought one book because my favorite section was only 10% off. I'll have to wait until later for the prices to go down more.

Though I'm not sure this thread belongs here. It probably goes in the lounge.

About the Ads

CodeBlu

Dream Weaver
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
The Ether
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Seattle's Best Syrups for $2.50 instead of $12. Bought ten of them. :thumbup: Only bought one book because my favorite section was only 10% off. I'll have to wait until later for the prices to go down more.

Though I'm not sure this thread belongs here. It probably goes in the lounge.
Yes... the lounge.

pkwraith

7+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think Borders should just liquidate their stock through Amazon. Oh, the irony.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
1984, Lost Symbol, Elle Wiesel's trilogy, and a map of the world. I'm probably going to go back when the sales are at or over 50% in late august. I'ma get that DSM-4 for 10$!!

AsianPersuasion

7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Got the true blood series for like $5 each, the book wicked, son of a witch (same price) some death note manga :oops: Hunger games series (yes I know I read girly teenage books :oops:)

LRAccord624

MSIII
Oct 18, 2009
Houston
Status
Medical Student
Cookbooks, a book by James Patterson, and a couple by Henning Mankell.

Oh, and First Aid 2011. Then I think I threw up a little in my mouth. :barf:

Myuu

例えば、貴方の名前を忘れてしまうとか。 。。
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Hanging with Darmok and Jalad. In Lothlorien.
Status
This thread has little to do with applying to medical school. Please consider The Lounge for all your socializing needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads