what if cant make it to the interview because of weather

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx001

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to travel to east coast monday but looks like serious bad weather where I am.
I have 2 day interview for MD/PHD. I am probably ok with flight being delayed as I have my interview next day. What if it gets cancelled.
Has any one been thru that. Do schools reschdule the interview days.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had this exact situation happen to me, and I had to call, basically saying "I don't know if my flight will be delayed or cancelled, and I won't know until the night before." They were very accommodating, and just told me to call them or email them as soon as I know. Chances are, if you need to reschedule your interview due to inclement weather, many others do as well. Call the admissions office and let them know of your situation. It won't affect your chances of acceptance at all.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Members don't see this ad :)
My son and I drove to a med school interview in a major east coast city in a real blizzard, took twice the expected time. I thought there would be a ton of no shows the next day, only to find there were none. Everyone made it in. Schools really don't want you on the roads or to miss because of flight cancellations. They are very understanding as this is not uncommon.

Reactions: 1 users
My son and I drove to a med school interview in a major east coast city in a real blizzard, took twice the expected time. I thought there would be a ton of no shows the next day, only to find there were none. Everyone made it in. Schools really don't want you on the roads or to miss because of flight cancellations. They are very understanding as this is not uncommon.
Damn, I was waiting for you to say there were only like 3 people at the interview so you got a personal tour.

Reactions: 1 users