What if you fail the drug test by accident before matriculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But then again: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"....you can thank Rick James for that one!

RICEMAN04, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT COCAINE?

Sorry, it reminded me of BLOW, so I had to go off on movie quotes!

... I can't feel my face!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who uses any sort of illicit drug should not be a doctor. End of story. There are plenty of well-deserving, clean people out there.

I hope if you use that you are found out and your acceptance is given to someone else.

It's scary that you could potentially end up a doctor.

RICEMAN04, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT COCAINE?

Sorry, it reminded me of BLOW, so I had to go off on movie quotes!

... I can't feel my face!

Please....me and Rick go wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back!!!!!

I am the one who taught him the phrase...."I'm rich bit$h!!!"
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll give you my virgin piss for 5 dollars.

Paypal/credit card/cash accepted.

sagetphoto04b.jpg

that's all you'd charge!!!!!

You are one cheap piss John!!!!!!! Let me get your number...we can go into business together!!!!! You do the piss'N...and I do the sell'N!

You get 1% of the profits and I'll hold the other 99%. How does that sound?

SECOND REMINDER

Avoid giving advice about how to avoid detection. Offering medical advice and encouraging, enabling, or condoning activities that are illegal anywhere these forums are read are both against our TOS.

That's right!!!!!

Show them what you are work'N with Humid!!!!

Yall...the poisonous frog is not playing around!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't trust people that don't drink and smoke weed." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Smoke weed every day." -- Winston Churchill

that's all you'd charge!!!!!

You are one cheap piss John!!!!!!! Let me get your number...we can go into business together!!!!! You do the piss'N...and I do the sell'N!

You get 1% of the profits and I'll hold the other 99%. How does that sound?
in homeland Kazakhstan, 1% of 5 dollah give you a nice sexy time with a chicken.

Very nice! I like!

why is it scary that I may be a doctor one day believing that? In 2007 approximately 2% of NYC doctors were placed onto a watch list for substance abuse, mental illness, or concerns over professional conduct.

I have been told that adcoms often ask themselves during their interviews with students, "would I want this applicant to be my child's doctor." I am fairly certain the answer would be "no" 99 times out of 100 if it was known that the candidate uses drugs.

Do I believe that substance abuse is a disease? Absolutely and I believe that if treated correctly, it can be cured. However, why should I feel that a drug user should be accepted over a clean candidate? Additionally, why should me being against the acceptance of drug users into medical school worry and my future in medicine worry you?

In my opinion, accepting drug users is a wreckless decision. Personally, I could care less whether weed was legalized or not. However, as long as it is illegal, it is an illicit drug. If an applicant is found to be a user, they should not be given acceptance. Explain to me why it should be accepted behavior.

Let me also pose this question. What would you say if you knew your doctor smoked weed prior to performing open heart surgery?

If you are cool with that then I don't believe we can have intelligent conversations anymore...

oh wow. REALLY they do that? Is it random drug testing or do they give you warning? Are they going to care if I had a couple of drinks the night before? I mean, I'm far from a "user" but from time to time, I might enjoy having an *extra* drink with dinner...

Eeks. Thanks for starting this thread. I didn't realize I would need to be a total puritan in med school :rolleyes:.

Oh dear God... I hope this was a joke.

Let me also pose this question. What would you say if you knew your doctor smoked weed prior to performing open heart surgery?

If you are cool with that then I don't believe we can have intelligent conversations anymore...

Let me also pose this question. What if said surgeon was world-reknown for successfully completing well over 300 open heart surgeries with no complications while high?

Would you still let him cut you open? I know I would.

Honestly cavalier, your drug agenda is total bull**** and what somebody does in their private life should have no bearing on their professional career, ESPECIALLY if their vices/hobbies don't adversely affect their job's duties.

Thats your opinion. I personally don't think its worth taking a chance admitting someone by saying, "well, maybe he will be a world-renown surgeon someday"

Fact is, you don't know whether their drug use in their personal life will adversely effect their career, simply because their career hasn't begun yet when you are admitting them.

I believe you will have a difficult time proving your point and I think any adcom will likely disagree with your opinion that one's drug use should be irrelevant when admitting them into medical school. Again, you can't know how it will effect their work and it would be ignorant to assume that it wouldn't when you know that there are thousands of other applicants who don't have this problem and there will not be an issue.

If you personally use, thats your own decision. However, accept the fact that medicine probably isn't for you.

If the courts can take your children from you, take your license from you, or throw you in jail for drug use, then why should you be allowed to practice medicine?

I once knew someone who said he could drive high just as well as he could sober. Now he's dead.

Find me one actively using "world-renown" doctor and I will find you hundreds who lost their license for abusing drugs even though they didn't kill a single person. In fact, I knew a doctor who got his license taken from him because a pt. called the cops on him for a verbal argument in the parking lot...they found 1 joint on him. Now he is a ski-instructor. You want the article? I got it. In my opinion, he was a waste of a multi-million dollar education that could have been given to someone else.