what IM residencies should I consider?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OsteopathicHopeful

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I scored a 463 on level 1. A little disappointed, yet happy I passed. I am starting 3rd year and will be applying for match in 2019 (on time). I have no failures in classes. I was wondering if I have any chance at some good community or even some bigger IM residencies in the Midwest and South. My wife and I would like to be around Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really have no idea what a 463 means. I know it is low, but was thinking it is terrible for most IM residencies...right? I was hoping I could get your thoughts. I am planning on doing hospital medicine in the future. Thanks for taking the time!

Also....should I consider ACGME? (did not take USMLE)
 
I scored a 463 on level 1. A little disappointed, yet happy I passed. I am starting 3rd year and will be applying for match in 2019 (on time). I have no failures in classes. I was wondering if I have any chance at some good community or even some bigger IM residencies in the Midwest and South. My wife and I would like to be around Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really have no idea what a 463 means. I know it is low, but was thinking it is terrible for most IM residencies...right? I was hoping I could get your thoughts. I am planning on doing hospital medicine in the future. Thanks for taking the time!

Also....should I consider ACGME? (did not take USMLE)

I would keep your eye on community programs. I don't think you're out of the running, but I wouldn't expect to match into any university program and I'd stay with legacy AOA spots/AOA spots if they're around in 2019. Some of the states you listed are easier to match into as well so that's a plus.