what IM residencies should I consider?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OsteopathicHopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 463 on level 1. A little disappointed, yet happy I passed. I am starting 3rd year and will be applying for match in 2019 (on time). I have no failures in classes. I was wondering if I have any chance at some good community or even some bigger IM residencies in the Midwest and South. My wife and I would like to be around Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really have no idea what a 463 means. I know it is low, but was thinking it is terrible for most IM residencies...right? I was hoping I could get your thoughts. I am planning on doing hospital medicine in the future. Thanks for taking the time!

Also....should I consider ACGME? (did not take USMLE)

Members don't see this ad.

I scored a 463 on level 1. A little disappointed, yet happy I passed. I am starting 3rd year and will be applying for match in 2019 (on time). I have no failures in classes. I was wondering if I have any chance at some good community or even some bigger IM residencies in the Midwest and South. My wife and I would like to be around Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really have no idea what a 463 means. I know it is low, but was thinking it is terrible for most IM residencies...right? I was hoping I could get your thoughts. I am planning on doing hospital medicine in the future. Thanks for taking the time!

Also....should I consider ACGME? (did not take USMLE)

I would keep your eye on community programs. I don't think you're out of the running, but I wouldn't expect to match into any university program and I'd stay with legacy AOA spots/AOA spots if they're around in 2019. Some of the states you listed are easier to match into as well so that's a plus.

Reactions: 1 user