• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

what IM residencies should I consider?

OsteopathicHopeful

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2014
  1. Medical Student
    I scored a 463 on level 1. A little disappointed, yet happy I passed. I am starting 3rd year and will be applying for match in 2019 (on time). I have no failures in classes. I was wondering if I have any chance at some good community or even some bigger IM residencies in the Midwest and South. My wife and I would like to be around Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really have no idea what a 463 means. I know it is low, but was thinking it is terrible for most IM residencies...right? I was hoping I could get your thoughts. I am planning on doing hospital medicine in the future. Thanks for taking the time!

Also....should I consider ACGME? (did not take USMLE)

Rekt

5+ Year Member
    May 29, 2015
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I scored a 463 on level 1. A little disappointed, yet happy I passed. I am starting 3rd year and will be applying for match in 2019 (on time). I have no failures in classes. I was wondering if I have any chance at some good community or even some bigger IM residencies in the Midwest and South. My wife and I would like to be around Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky. I really have no idea what a 463 means. I know it is low, but was thinking it is terrible for most IM residencies...right? I was hoping I could get your thoughts. I am planning on doing hospital medicine in the future. Thanks for taking the time!

Also....should I consider ACGME? (did not take USMLE)

I would keep your eye on community programs. I don't think you're out of the running, but I wouldn't expect to match into any university program and I'd stay with legacy AOA spots/AOA spots if they're around in 2019. Some of the states you listed are easier to match into as well so that's a plus.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.