What info is on transcripts from RCSI and other Irish schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BarryK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking into the issue of, after the Medical Degree from Ireland, doing a post-grad ** Non-clinincal ** degree, maybe a Master's level (MPH or MSc etc.). I would have the BM from Ireland, but not a BSc.

Most Canadian Universities post requirements to get into Master's programs, for example here is one :

Master's Program Admission Requirements for Students From Ireland
1.Years of Study Required: at least 3 years of study
2.** Overall Grade Required: Second Class Honours, Grade 1 (2.1)
3. Credentials or Degrees Required: Bachelor's Degree

So I am wondering, what information is on the RCSI transcripts, does it list courses and years, and marks for each? And does it use the system that they are talking about above, providing something akin to what they are looking for : Second Class Honours, Grade 1 (2.1)

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking into the issue of, after the Medical Degree from Ireland, doing a post-grad ** Non-clinincal ** degree, maybe a Master's level (MPH or MSc etc.). I would have the BM from Ireland, but not a BSc.

Most Canadian Universities post requirements to get into Master's programs, for example here is one :

Master's Program Admission Requirements for Students From Ireland
1.Years of Study Required: at least 3 years of study
2.** Overall Grade Required: Second Class Honours, Grade 1 (2.1)
3. Credentials or Degrees Required: Bachelor's Degree

So I am wondering, what information is on the RCSI transcripts, does it list courses and years, and marks for each? And does it use the system that they are talking about above, providing something akin to what they are looking for : Second Class Honours, Grade 1 (2.1)

Yep at RCSI it looks exactly like that. A list of courses with your First, 2.1, 2.2, Pass, or Fail grade for each and your overall diploma grade which only takes into account your final two years.