What is a kmart pharmacy intern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjm546

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need your help please! So I went online to do an online application for Kmart pharmacy. I went to the hourly positions where it said pharmacy. I clicked on it and there was a box for pharmacy intern, I applied for this position but my question is, is this basically a clerk position or is this an internship? Because after I finished the application it set me up with an interview. I hope this isnt for a intern and just a clerk position. So what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I need your help please! So I went online to do an online application for Kmart pharmacy. I went to the hourly positions where it said pharmacy. I clicked on it and there was a box for pharmacy intern, I applied for this position but my question is, is this basically a clerk position or is this an internship? Because after I finished the application it set me up with an interview. I hope this isnt for a intern and just a clerk position. So what do you guys think?

Are you a Pharmacy Intern (Varies by state - but typically you must be accepted to pharmacy school to be considered an intern)?

There is a very specific process for an internship program - it involves more than simply clicking a box. That box is reserved for interns...

It really isn't a big deal - but I would utilize your point of contact prior to the interview to clear up the confusion. Right now it is just a funny mistake - if you sit on it - it may be a an embarrassing situation.

~above~

You have to be an intern to be accepted for that position. Like aboveliquidice said, that generally involves getting into pharmacy school.

Do note that there's a slight difference between an internship and pharmacy intern position. One has to have an intern license for both but an internship is typically a summer program or something other period with a structured stipend with structured plan (i.e. specific topics like compounding may be taught, certain number of hours, etc.). You either finish this program or drop out with some penalties. A pharmacy intern position is more of the typical hourly wage job where you work by the hour and you just work in the pharmacy in its usual daily routine.

It sounds to me that you just applied for a pharmacy intern position. That position does not apply if you won't have your intern license soon. If you can't get that position, then you might have to go with the technician route until you get your intern license.

Whatever gets you in the door.