What is a typical day for you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mynameistino

Woud you like to post and explain what a typical day of a premed student is like for you?

Members don't see this ad.

wake up, get outta bed, drag a comb across my head...

find my way downstairs and drink a cup, looking up, i noticed i was late
grab my coat, find my hat, make the bus in seconds flat

find my way upstairs and have a smoke, somebody spoke and i fall into a dream

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA AAA AAA AAAAAAAAAA

Dope's Three Stages to a Successful Day:

1) Wake up... go to computer... flip to SDN... click "forums"... click "pre-allo"...

2) read... respond... refresh... rinse... repeat

3) Go do bed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm, sleep until alarm goes off at 9, hit snooze, repeat for 3 hours, convincing self while half asleep that I don't need to be in class....wake up at noon, get lunch, skip next class and play some drums, maybe work out depending on the day, then do homework after dinner starting around 7. From 7 p.m. - 2 a.m. do homework while watching TV or listening to music, then lay in bed and watch TV for another hour or 2, then bed...repeat

tues/thurs are thee worst! wake up at 8, hit the snooze every 9 minutes no less than 3 times. jump out of bed wash up stick contacts onto eyeballs even though i could barely open my eyes. eyeliner. dash to bus stop and silently will the bus to come on time. study for mcats for 2 hrs (feel defeated) go to class (I HATE PHYSICS btw). drag my body across campus from class to class til 8. wait for bus in rain. pay late bills. hang out at apartment thinking about doing homework/mcats but really chatting with friends/roomates and watching top model/starlet since i have no cable and project runway is now over anyway, oh and law&order SVU. eat lots and wonder if i'm getting soft and when in hell am i ever going to have time to go excercise and dagnabit i can't lift 100lbs let alone a bench-press-bar-thing so i can't be an EMT. procrastinate and do pseudo-work before collapsing into bed around 1 or 2... while wondering what my friends have done during the day and if it was fun, wondering why i don't make friends in my science classes cuz i'm a fun person anyway before remembering 'oh yeah most of the people in my lectures are fun-less creatures and that only the cute boys are in film classes, wondering if i'm allowed to smoke herb. thinking about how i don't have time to do internship stuff at the ER anymore. think about how i'm studying for the mcat all day when i wake up. off to sleep dreaming about my day or physics. really.

sorry, you've unleashed a monster. (but really it's meant to be funny!)

thank [insert higher powered being, inanimate object(s), or a canonized person] for spring break!

SitraAchra said:
wake up, get outta bed, drag a comb across my head...

find my way downstairs and drink a cup, looking up, i noticed i was late
grab my coat, find my hat, make the bus in seconds flat

find my way upstairs and have a smoke, somebody spoke and i fall into a dream

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA AAA AAA AAAAAAAAAA

is that from a song/poem?

Well, my day never starts till about 1 PM, if one is not to count lunch with my bevy of simply fabulous friends at the most exclusive places about town. Then I saunter into my office building, where I am immediately plagued by my meticulous secretary (who I'll fire anyway on account of her knack for wearing costume jewelry), who wants to fill me in on which dignitary called or what business deals need immediate attention. I wave her away or direct her to my quite able Harvard-graduate assistants - any one of the twelve or so that I have. Then I'll walk into my large office overlooking some river with very large windows, and stare out for a long time. The phone rings. It's Marge again. She wants to know if I plan on keeping my 2 o'clock. I never keep appointments. It's one of the perks of being me. Besides, if you make yourself too accessible, then your stock falls. It's the danger of overexposure. I'll decide a week later if the 2 o' clock from this week is to be given audience. Then I sit and look through my daily reports from my accountants of my investment performances. I am always pleasantly surprised. I always think to give my human resource people a raise, but somehow I never do. Then, of course I call Anna Wintour to have wicked conversations about our impossibly rich friends or I call an influential senator or the other lobbying them to introduce bills that benefit my company. At about 5 PM, friends are calling to find out where I'd be dining. It's usually the place to be and reservations become scarce upon my decision. I always keep them guessing - my theory of overexposure intact. Then I am visited personally by Sandy Dalal, who wants to fit me for a suit. Sometimes, Tom Ford (recently free of Gucci) drops by with a few custom made apparel for me. Such wonderful friends I've got. At about the close of the day, someone gets fired for looking at me with the wrong expression or simply wearing the wrong outfit. I'm told this is referred to by the employees as the "hour of horror." I call it the hour of stress relief.

After an impossibly hard day of work, I meet with my personal trainer, Jorje (quite the stud this one is). Then I go home for a quick change into my Dsquared suit or one of my prive Armanis. Then off to some swanky place downtown with my entourage, which include a make-up artist, a hairdresser, two bodyguards and a nipple tweeker (just to keep the ladies (or men, depending on my whimsy) entertained). At dinner, conversations vary from intense discussions about the Lebanon crisis (if I am dining with the Clintons) to the recent Balenciaga collection (if I am dining with Lulu de la Falaise). I have coffee and dessert with my personal assistant, who informs me of plans of the next day. I am usually never listening. Then I go home, drink some red wine while listening to Chopin, either alone (which is wholly by choice) or with some chiseled work of art, which also happens to be human. Then I sleep with a smile on my face surrounded by my life of complete luxury. In the morning, I'll be greeted with newspapers and breakfast in bed.

7:30: Getunconcsious' alarm goes off. he would like to remain unconscious. but he finally forces himself to get up, despite the fact that he has absolutely NO reason to get out of bed in the morning or go on living at all.

7:40: Getunconcsious begins a lengthy grooming regimen. If he has to be empty inside, he's going to at least look good doing it. On the way to class, he drinks diet coke while smoking the day's first cigarette--the breakfast of champions.

8:30: Getunconcsious suffers through a series of mind-numbing undergraduate classes, smoking between each class.

1:00: Getunconcsious takes a bit of 'me time' to have lunch, smoke, refine his latest suicide plan, listen to depressing music, and generally feel bad about life.

2:00: Getunconcsious goes into his lab, sees the results from previous experiments, they didn't work. He repeats the exact same experiments, taking a few smoke breaks in between time.

7:00: Getunconcsious calls various friends to see if they want to go out or have dinner, but no one wants to talk to him and they all have other plans. Getunconcious hits the bar in lieu of having dinner. Many cigarettes are smoked at the bar.

10:00: Getunconcsious does his reading for the next day's classes, thinks about suicide some more, and smokes the day's last cigarette.

1:00: After another long day of feeling alienated and defeated, getunconcsious gets unconscious.

Alarm goes off at 7:00 for school...turn it off...skip class...wake up at 1 pm...avoid going to research job...take a nap at 3 pm...get up at 4...watch Golden Girls...watch Trauma, Life In ER (sometimes the Residents)...eat a lot......do random things...go to sleep...repeat x 4. ooh ooh...and on Thursdays I watch "ER" hahaha

Weekend...drinking...movies...sleeping...might as well enjoy college while I can! :) Honestly, they should tell you you got accepted AFTER the spring semester of undergrad...makes a total slacker out of you =o)

getunconcsious said:
7:40: Getunconcsious begins a lengthy grooming regimen. If he has to be empty inside, he's going to at least look good doing it. On the way to class, he drinks diet coke while smoking the day's first cigarette--the breakfast of champions.

hrm. you sound like me a lot. minus the diet coke in the morning. i have coffee. mmm...

Prophecies said:
Alarm goes off at 7:00 for school...turn it off...skip class...wake up at 1 pm...avoid going to research job...take a nap at 3 pm...get up at 4...watch Golden Girls...watch Trauma, Life In ER (sometimes the Residents)...eat a lot......do random things...go to sleep...repeat x 4. ooh ooh...and on Thursdays I watch "ER" hahaha

Weekend...drinking...movies...sleeping...might as well enjoy college while I can! :) Honestly, they should tell you you got accepted AFTER the spring semester of undergrad...makes a total slacker out of you =o)
"

Ha Ha Golden Girls-I just recently really got into The Nanny. :D

Joonie said:

Ahhh, to be so young not to remember this. Even before my time, but listened to it all the time growing up. Gotta love the beatles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Crake's Day:

8:00 AM - Wake up. Walk to kitchen and break up roach orgy going on in my sink. Make vow to finally solve roach problem. Coffee.

8:02 AM - Go back to bedroom. Lay on my futon with my chemistry book. Attempt to convince myself that I actually like chemistry.

8:03 AM - Fail to convince myself that I don't hate chemistry. Attempt to convince myself that buying a futon wasn't the worst idea I've ever had. Begin studying.

11:00 AM - Go to school. Actively attempt to not look directly at anyone on the subway.

11:02 AM - Get accosted by Jesus freaks trying to get people to join their cult. Answer proselytizing with a blank stare.

11:03 AM - Pretend not to speak English so Jesus people ignore me.

11:30 AM - Physics lecture. Attempt to convince myself that circuits are interesting. Fail.

1:00 PM - Chemistry lecture. Do LA-Times crossword puzzle. Proceed to yawn obnoxiously hoping my professor will get the hint and dismiss early.

2:20 PM - Didn't get the hint. Finally out. Proceed to chemistry library.

2:30 PM - Realize that chemistry library is the most depressing place in the entire universe. Sit down and pretend to study.

3:30 PM - Go home. Again, attempt to look like I don't understand English when Jesus people come along. Finally take flyer from obnoxious missionary. Hold it upside down and look confused.

4:00 PM - Home again. Study. Wonder if premed is worth it.

4:10 PM - Decide that it's not worth it. Continue out of spite. Study.

9:00 PM - Finish studying. Turn on TV. Watch "House," decide that medicine blows. Check SDN.

10:00 PM - Tell people with 3.9's and 40 T's that I think they may have a chance to get into an allopathic school.

10:01 PM - Realize I have no idea what it takes to get into an allopathic school. Laugh at poor bastards that listen to me. Decide that premed is worth it afterall.

11:00 PM - Go to bed.

11:01 PM - Loudly curse my futon for generally sucking. Fall asleep.

This was hilarious...you should become a newspaper columnist or writer or something!!!

Crake said:
Crake's Day:

8:00 AM - Wake up. Walk to kitchen and break up roach orgy going on in my sink. Make vow to finally solve roach problem. Coffee.

8:02 AM - Go back to bedroom. Lay on my futon with my chemistry book. Attempt to convince myself that I actually like chemistry.

8:03 AM - Fail to convince myself that I don't hate chemistry. Attempt to convince myself that buying a futon wasn't the worst idea I've ever had. Begin studying.

11:00 AM - Go to school. Actively attempt to not look directly at anyone on the subway.

11:02 AM - Get accosted by Jesus freaks trying to get people to join their cult. Answer proselytizing with a blank stare.

11:03 AM - Pretend not to speak English so Jesus people ignore me.

11:30 AM - Physics lecture. Attempt to convince myself that circuits are interesting. Fail.

1:00 PM - Chemistry lecture. Do LA-Times crossword puzzle. Proceed to yawn obnoxiously hoping my professor will get the hint and dismiss early.

2:20 PM - Didn't get the hint. Finally out. Proceed to chemistry library.

2:30 PM - Realize that chemistry library is the most depressing place in the entire universe. Sit down and pretend to study.

3:30 PM - Go home. Again, attempt to look like I don't understand English when Jesus people come along. Finally take flyer from obnoxious missionary. Hold it upside down and look confused.

4:00 PM - Home again. Study. Wonder if premed is worth it.

4:10 PM - Decide that it's not worth it. Continue out of spite. Study.

9:00 PM - Finish studying. Turn on TV. Watch "House," decide that medicine blows. Check SDN.

10:00 PM - Tell people with 3.9's and 40 T's that I think they may have a chance to get into an allopathic school.

10:01 PM - Realize I have no idea what it takes to get into an allopathic school. Laugh at poor bastards that listen to me. Decide that premed is worth it afterall.

11:00 PM - Go to bed.

11:01 PM - Loudly curse my futon for generally sucking. Fall asleep.

Joonie said:

"Jump out of bed and I head for the grape nuts
Eat em quick or they soggy and that sucks
Try to find a clean pair of pants and a shirt
Still sport the same set of droors even though they hurt
Hit the fridge, grab a Faygo, it tastes ill
Cause it's flatter than a chick on a big wheel"

After that I would go to school, study some o-chem, eat a pop tart or some ramen noodles, and go to bed. Pretty typical I think.

An average day for me is getting up at 5am, after having only went to bed at 2am! School/Hospital rotation assignment afterward (which could take me until late evening)/check in at Child Advocates (center I volunteer at for abused children).

Get home around 10pm on a good day. Study, Study, Study! :thumbup:

GuyLaroche said:
Then I saunter into my office building, where I am immediately plagued by my meticulous secretary (who I'll fire anyway on account of her knack for wearing costume jewelry),
guylaroche aka carlosmielefan
There is nothing wrong with costume jewelry...

GuyLaroche - your story reminds me of a character in the book The Devil Wears Prada that I read this summer. The character's name was Miranda Priestly, have you read it?

7:45 - Alarm goes off. Hit snooze at least 3 times.
8:15 - Drag myself out of bed. Go to sink to wash face and teeth. Remember that sink is not working. Curse. Wash teeth and face in bath tub.
8:30 - Go to kitchen to make coffee. See the kitchen cabinets on my floor. Wonder - once again - why the guy who came to repair my bathroom sink took apart my kitchen cabinets... :confused: Curse some more and give up.
8:45 - Get out of house. Stop by Starbucks to get coffee, smoke first cig, and go to gym.
9-10 - Torture myself and try to remember why I'm doing this every day
10-10:30 - Shower, realize that I'm late for work, skip make-up and run to Hospital/lab
11-3:30 - get list of people who need to have blood drawn. Put it on my desk and start cheking email. No emails from med schools. Check SDN. Get depressed and decide to go see patients to remind myself of why I wanna be a doc. Come back with blood samples. Run some experiments. They fail. Oh well... Do some hw.
3:30-4 - Get out of lab/hospital, smoke cig, debate whether I should go to class. Reluctantly decide to go.
4:30-7:30 - Class. I hate my classes. I hate grad school. Dream of good old days in undergrad.
7:30-8 - Walk to cafeteria to get disgusting dinner. Smoke cig. Start thinking that *maybe* there will be good news in my mail box...
8-8:45 - Dinner. Swear I'll never eat at cafeteria again.
9-11 - Teach. Realize how tired I am of teaching. Think about dismissing class early. Convince myself that it would be wrong. Give hw to students and dream about a martini.
11-midnight - Walk home. Wonder if I should stop at bar for previsouly mentioned martini. Call friends. Can't get a hold of anyone. Decide to go anyway. Get my drink and smoke few cigs. Then, remember that there might be something in my mail box. :idea: Pay tab quickly and run home.
12:30 - Get home. Find NOTHING in mail box. Get really sad and call family to complain.
12:30-1:30 - Check SDN and get more depressed.
1:30-2 - Convince myself that I should do hw. Curse some more. Start writing paper. Have trouble focusing on anything. Realize martini wasn't a good idea. Light a cig hoping that smoke detector won't go off.
2-4 - Write damn paper.
4:30 - Collapse in bed. Dream about med school. :love:

getunconcsious said:
7:30: Getunconcsious' alarm goes off. he would like to remain unconscious. but he finally forces himself to get up, despite the fact that he has absolutely NO reason to get out of bed in the morning or go on living at all.

8:30: Getunconcsious suffers through a series of mind-numbing undergraduate classes, smoking between each class.

1:00: Getunconcsious takes a bit of 'me time' to have lunch, smoke, refine his latest suicide plan, listen to depressing music, and generally feel bad about life.

2:00: Getunconcsious goes into his lab, sees the results from previous experiments, they didn't work. He repeats the exact same experiments, taking a few smoke breaks in between time.

7:00: Getunconcsious calls various friends to see if they want to go out or have dinner, but no one wants to talk to him and they all have other plans. Getunconcious hits the bar in lieu of having dinner. Many cigarettes are smoked at the bar.

10:00: Getunconcsious does his reading for the next day's classes, thinks about suicide some more, and smokes the day's last cigarette.

1:00: After another long day of feeling alienated and defeated, getunconcsious gets unconscious.
remove the cigarette breaks and start an hour earlier and you have a day in the life of superdevil.

It depends on the day, really.

Monday: Wake up around 10 a.m. No class, so I spend the day "studying," if you want to call it that. Work 5-11pm. Come home and study until 1am or so.

Tuesday: Wake up at 5:30 a.m. and get dressed and prepare for my day. Class from 8 AM - 6:30 PM. Go to library and study until 8 pm. Come home, eat, go online, shower, study from 10 pm - 2 am.

Wednesday: Wake up 6 AM, get dressed and prepare for my day. Study in library from 8-10AM, Two labs back to back from 10am-2pm and 2pm-5pm. Go to library until 8pm and study. Come home, eat, go online, bitch/moan, etc. Start studying from 10pm-1am.

Thursday: repeat of tuesday, except I get home around 7pm and get ****faced.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday - work and study when I'm not working

I wake up at 7am, have class from 8:30am till 5:00pm, then i'm in "my lab" until 7pm, running all kinds of tests that will make my med school application look good, then I volunteer at the AIDS clinic from 8pm till 11pm, then i come home and study from 12am till 6am.

I never thought I'd actually see premeds competing with each other to see who has a "busier" lifestyle, but...tada, here it is. I guess they all figure as long as they don't have a life <social>, they might as well try to compete with other premeds as having the least amount of a life.

By the way, anyone who believes the BS that you can survive on 3 hours of sleep every single night, or even 5 weeknights straight, is quite naive.

wake up, drive to school, learn in school, drive from school, study, sleep.

repeat Monday - Friday.

not counting numerous volunteering/shadowing/EC events :sleep:

J1515 said:
I never thought I'd actually see premeds competing with each other to see who has a "busier" lifestyle, but...tada, here it is.

Actually, I always compete to be the most depressed. I know others here are WAY busier than me. After all, they are much more worthwhile than I could ever hope to be. I don't know why I ever bother to get out of bed in the morning. I should just shoot myself, because I don't deserve to live, much less go to medical school. I'm just such a waste of space. :( :( :( :( :(

My schedule depends on the day as well. The hardest thing for me is that my internal clock is nocturnal so I'll usually last on this schedule for about a month, then spend two weeks trying to reattune my "clock" to the mornings again which will last for about another month, and keep cycling around. Left to my own devices I'll be up til 5 or 6am and sleep til 3 or 4pm everyday.

But this is what my schedule is supposed to be:
Mon and Wed: alarm goes off at 6am. I hit snooze a few times, and make it out of bed by 6:45. Go out for a smoke, come back and check email/sdn/class websites. Get dressed, sometimes eat breakfast, and leave by 7:30am. Class from 8-9:15. Back to the apt where I work/study/eat lunch/watch tv/fool around on the puter til 1pm when I leave for my second class. Class from 1:40-3:30. Back to the apt and study/eat dinner/veg until 11 or 12. Fall asleep with the tv on ~1am unless it's Wed and I've gone to the clubs to listen to the big band and jazz.

Tues: Alarm goes off 7am. Hit snooze til 8am. Wake up via breakfast, email, IM, and sdn. Get dressed and out the door by 8:45. Class from 9:25-10:40. Head back to the apartment til 1pm. Work/study/fool around online. Class from 1:40-2:55 and lab from 3:05-4:30ish. Evening is the same as Mon/Wed. Asleep by 1am hopefully.

Thurs: Morning and afternoon are the same as Tuesday (unless I've been out the night before then I'll usually sleep through my 8am class). Instead of lab I have a break from 2:55-4:30 where I socialize/get something to eat and then I have class from 4:30-7:05. Catch the shuttle back to the apartment and veg the rest of the night typically.

Friday I get to sleep in since I only have one class from 1:40-2:55.

I tend to study during the day and on the weekends and work in the evenings/weekends when I have work projects to do since my brain is usually fried by the time I get home.

Now if I could avoid those 8 and 9:25 classes I wouldn't be nearly as boring and exhausted all the time and be up til at least 2am and falling asleep by 3:30 am, but the science profs seem to love those morning classes around here :(.

I have noticed a trend among premed student, and that is 'Who Can Be The Most Depressed and Worn Out'!

Has anyone else noticed this, I just noticed today after a friend asked me how I was, I replied, " I'm so tired, I have to study, I have a research paper due for the physician I shadow (among others), and I'm sick of shadowing." She's like then change your major, Of course I won't, however, I do like to complain about the day in the life a premed student. When actually, it's not that serious (well, not all the time). I've come to the conclusion I like to be felt sorry for.............. Crazy Huh?

:p

getunconcsious said:
Actually, I always compete to be the most depressed. I know others here are WAY busier than me. After all, they are much more worthwhile than I could ever hope to be. I don't know why I ever bother to get out of bed in the morning. I should just shoot myself, because I don't deserve to live, much less go to medical school. I'm just such a waste of space. :( :( :( :( :(

Typical Schedule:

Set alarm for 5:55
6:05-6:15- read preliminary daily goal sheet, read self-created Life/College-guide/objectives
6:16-7:05- workout
7:06-7:15- shower
7:16-7:50- me time, watch CNN, today show, eat, clean room…whatever
7:50- 8:00 walk to class
8:00-12:00- class
12:00-12:10- create daily agenda
12:10-12:30ish me time, eat…whatever
12:30-4:00- FOLLOW THROUGH with daily agenda (usually studying)
4:00-5:00- me time, talk to girlfriend, eat,…whatever…
5:00-9:00- Follow through w/daily agenda (usually studying)
9:00-11:30- talk to girlfriend, me time usually, complete self-grading chart, chill, write preliminary goal sheet for next day, maybe in bed early…

Although this is not exactly what goes on EVERY day, it’s essentially the foundation for how I go about completing my daily and life objectives.

mon-fri:
5:30am--> get up, go to gym, take shower
9am--> hop on the BUS to go to work
9:30-5pm--> "work"
5pm--> first time i see natural light in the past 7.5hrs; hop on the BUS back home
6pm--> get home and eat breakfast/lunch/dinner (bagel and milk, yummmmm)
6:30pm-10pm --> watch news + whatever good primetime shows are on

sat+sun:
spontaneity reigns (xcept saturdays i have to go to the gym at 12m and sundays i go to yoga at 4pm)

LTbulldogs said:
Typical Schedule:

Set alarm for 5:55
6:05-6:15- read preliminary daily goal sheet, read self-created Life/College-guide/objectives
6:16-7:05- workout
7:06-7:15- shower
7:16-7:50- me time, watch CNN, today show, eat, clean room…whatever
7:50- 8:00 walk to class
8:00-12:00- class
12:00-12:10- create daily agenda
12:10-12:30ish me time, eat…whatever
12:30-4:00- FOLLOW THROUGH with daily agenda (usually studying)
4:00-5:00- me time, talk to girlfriend, eat,…whatever…
5:00-9:00- Follow through w/daily agenda (usually studying)
9:00-11:30- talk to girlfriend, me time usually, complete self-grading chart, chill, write preliminary goal sheet for next day, maybe in bed early…

Although this is not exactly what goes on EVERY day, it’s essentially the foundation for how I go about completing my daily and life objectives.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love the self grading chart.

SitraAchra said:
GuyLaroche - your story reminds me of a character in the book The Devil Wears Prada that I read this summer. The character's name was Miranda Priestly, have you read it?

No, but it sounds awfully intriguing. I'll have to check it out.

MadameLULU said:
guylaroche aka carlosmielefan
There is nothing wrong with costume jewelry...

There is a world of wrong with costume jewelry. It is very distasteful. It's like wearing fake fur. Who does that!

I have it easy compared to most of you!! AND I still moan and groan about everything that I have to do. I, too, think I like fussing about being pre-med. :oops:

On a typical day, I ...

work 4-6hrs selling beauty supplies.

sit at my desk thinking i should work on my thesis... don't work on my thesis. feel guilty about not working on my thesis. eat something or clean something. maybe go on a bike ride. ANYTHING to avoid the thesis (even though I only have to work on it for another week or so... :eek: ) i might even review chemistry if it will keep me from the thesis. :rolleyes:

if i have class the next day, i do my hw in the early evening then goof around the rest of the night. i only have class t/th. :D

sleep around ... 12A, and if given the opportunity, will wake-up between 10A-12P the next day. usually the alarm chimes between 7A and 8A.

sometime during the day i will look at my Palm to figure out what i have to do the next day and if there is anything i need to do to prepare. somehow everything works out!

wake up from a terribly realistic nightmare at 8:30/9:30, cursing the dorm room for inconsistent heating and noise carrying walls.

Wash face,change clothes, throw things around to pack my bag, devour breakfast in 5 minutes and head off to class.

Classes till 12:30 / 1 depending on the day. carry thoughts of how messed up the world is, replay scenes of fights i want with my parents, confrontations i want with my friends, how i avoid my residents, wondering what they think of me, how much i hate the job etc.,walking to and from class.

eat lunch alone infront of the computer.

work on my thesis infront of the computer while cursing out every aspect of the thesis process.

try to make it to the gym if my neck and back muscles aren't screwed up (which they are half of the time). ask myself why i feel stressed out excercising if its meant to be the exact opposite.

come back, shower, and grab some dinner
eat dinner alone infront of the computer.

read/memorize/practice for classes or do more thesis work on the computer. Ofcourse, every 15 mins of work is followed by checking e-mail, checking SDN, IMing, and drifting off into my negative thoughts.

watch friends at 11 and feel guilty of trying to find "friends" in the media rather than actually interacting with living humans.

snack on candy, fruits, some chips etc. to get rid of all guilt.

put cell phone on charge and sadly check how there were no incoming nor outgoing calls today

try to get some more work done. ultimately give up, curse and head off to bed at 1/2. spend an hour tossing, turning, crying, on how lonely, messed up life is, how i need to do something about it but nothing has worked, what i have to do and will end up not doing the next day, next month...in this lifetime etc. fall asleep when no longer have the energy for negativity.

I think the self-grading thing is a bit.....extreme, but hey that's just me. Honestly guys, I'm really impressed with all of your schedules, I just go to school in the late morning/early afternoon, get home and chill out, study at night or hang out with friends/girlfriend. I guess I really don't know how good I have it. Although my sophomore year did suck when I was taking OChem and Physics.

sk1684 said:
This was hilarious...you should become a newspaper columnist or writer or something!!!

Thank you kindly for the compliment. :)

-Crake

6:00a- wake up, brush teeth, shower, etc. 6:40a- eat breakfast. 6:50a- drive sister to school and go straight to college. 7:20a- arrive at SHU. go to study lounge. pretend to do work. 7:45a- head to class. 8:00a- sit in chem class while prof drones on and on. 9:15am- go to study lounge, set up laptop, put up away msg on AIM, post/reply on SDN, check email, pretend to study. 12:00p- head to class. take notes. [then more class. and more class. and more and more and more].. 5:00p- drive home. 5:30p- set up laptop, put up away msg on AIM, post/reply on SDN, check email, pretend to study. 6:30p- eat dinner. 7:00p- more pretending. 10:00p- pass out.

what. a. tiring. day.

;) :p :)

I'm not sure, but it usually involves guns, duct tape, dark rooms and cyanoacrylates.

How do some of you guys get so much sleep? Eight hours a night, regularly? I'm just waking up at 10pm.