What is considered a "Late" applicant & timeline questions- I need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Linden00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application is finished and now I am just waiting on DAT scores. I have it scheduled for July 20, but thinking about moving it back to the 30th. Could those 10 days make a significant difference in the consideration of my application?

I am also trying to figure out any info on when schools pick the bulk of their candidates and when they start interviewing?

What is considered "late"?

If you have any thoughts, suggestions or info about my situation or specific program info, I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit before you get your DAT scores. I would submit now, take the DAT on the 20th and fax the schools that you're applying to your scores if they've already received your application, which is unlikely. (You get a printout right after you take the test)

AADSAS tends to be the slowest part of getting your application rolling, so its best to start it early. (Esubmit and pay)

If you decide to postpone your DAT, make sure to pay the individual school's application fees and fax your DAT scores to them (assuming they've received your application by that point in time.)

That being said, I've read that If you apply in August or later you may or may not hear back for pre-Dec interviews - just keep that in your mind.