what is the best Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blankaflour

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do u think is the best Qbank??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since USMLERx is from the authors of 1st Aid, it's not a bad way to ram that material home.

I'm using USMLE World and USMLE Rx. I voted UW, but it's far from perfect-- there are entirely too many questions that <30% of users get right; the level of detail is MUCH greater than we would realistically be asked on step 1. On the other hand, USMLE Rx is probably too easy, though I think it's important to make sure you've nailed the easy stuff first. I went with UW just because I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed on test day :D I've heard that Kaplan is the worst, though I've never used it myself.

usmlerx is perfect for getting down First Aid if you're not a good memorizer, and the First Aid information is incredibly useful

qbank is tried and true and provides a good knowledge base

uw ties up loose ends and really drives the conceptual stuff home

i think the answer is "all three"

usmlerx is perfect for getting down First Aid if you're not a good memorizer, and the First Aid information is incredibly useful

a sound strategy to follow! :thumbup:

I agree with the notion that doing more problems is better. But from what I've seen, the Kaplan Qbank tracks the First Aid emphasized details pretty closely, so doing Rx would perhaps be redundant. World and Kaplan don't seem to have as much overlap. If you can get through most of qbank and world that's probably already plenty.

I agree with the notion that doing more problems is better. But from what I've seen, the Kaplan Qbank tracks the First Aid emphasized details pretty closely, so doing Rx would perhaps be redundant. World and Kaplan don't seem to have as much overlap. If you can get through most of qbank and world that's probably already plenty.

Personally, I did Qbank then usmlerx both in about 2 weeks and I was thankful for the redundency because I didn't dwell too much on any topic. Now I am doing UW right up until the test with a little more scrutiny. I'm certainly no expert at this, but I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

any consensus on whether usmelrx or qbank is betteR? just curious as im done w/ my uworld and gave up on qbank cuz it irritated me too much

hey hyperorchidism,

when you taking the test? i have three weeks left and am lost as to what to review besides path/pharm and doing a ton of questions.

what does anyone think about the BSS stuff?

i have a set of books but haven't touched them.

hey hyperorchidism,

when you taking the test? i have three weeks left and am lost as to what to review besides path/pharm and doing a ton of questions.

what does anyone think about the BSS stuff?

i have a set of books but haven't touched them.

Hey, I'm taking it mid June. I'm certainly no expert but I suggest just doing a crap load of questions. Every question bank you do will send those CBSSA scores up. I think it's also important to spend some quality time with First Aid, but that's really all I'm doing as far as reading and memorizing. I take about a page of notes a day from the QBanks so I'll have some high yield stuff to go though before the test. Also, I don't know if this is good advice but try not to dwell on any topic because if you do enough questions youll probably see it again presented in a different way (and it will probably be presented in ANOTHER way on the real thing).

I started out at 190 and am now up to 240 (form 2) on the practice tests, and I was definitely bottom half of the class gradewise, just for clarification of my situation.

Hey,

Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely in your situation as well grades wise. I totally applaud your approach to the boards - it took me a year into med school to figure out if you just assault yourself with questions from a million different sources, something will stick somehow.

Here's to destroying the USMLE!!!!

by the way...

princeton review questions totally BLOW!!

I have no idea how that firm even stays in business.