What is the earliest DO schools can send acceptances?

Started by medbae77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medbae77

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have tried googling but cannot get a straight answer. I know for AMCAS the date is October 15th, does AACOMAS have a comparable deadline?
 
I don't think AACOMAS mandates that time. It will depend when a school starts interviewing and their timeframe to render a decision. Some do not begin to interview until September and then a few weeks to allow a committee to meet and render a decision and then time to get the decision out to the applicant. Can be a 6 week turnaround.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Piggybacking off of this thread: is it true that per AACOMAS rules, DO schools cannot send out email confirmation of acceptances until October 1st?