What is the earliest DO schools can send acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbae77

Reaction score
I have tried googling but cannot get a straight answer. I know for AMCAS the date is October 15th, does AACOMAS have a comparable deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think AACOMAS mandates that time. It will depend when a school starts interviewing and their timeframe to render a decision. Some do not begin to interview until September and then a few weeks to allow a committee to meet and render a decision and then time to get the decision out to the applicant. Can be a 6 week turnaround.

Reactions: 1 user
my school has first round of interviews this week, and has been know to send out acceptances in august. It is totally school dependent

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Unlike MD there is no official start date at which schools are required to wait to start giving out acceptances.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Piggybacking off of this thread: is it true that per AACOMAS rules, DO schools cannot send out email confirmation of acceptances until October 1st?

I've seen someone on Reddit claim that they've already been accepted to a DO school this cycle.