What is the earliest I will need recommendations by

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I plan to apply for EDP 2009. I am wondering when should I have recommendation letters ready by?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I plan to apply for EDP 2009. I am wondering when should I have recommendation letters ready by?
Thanks!

If you are attending an undergraduate institution that has a pre-medical committee then you should exceed (and meet) the deadlines of that committee. Earlier is definitely better in terms of all aspects of your application.

If you are a graduate (or graduate student) then use some sort of Letter Repository service and request your letters as you go along. Look at services like Interfolio for example.

If you are attending an undergraduate institution that has a pre-medical committee then you should exceed (and meet) the deadlines of that committee. Earlier is definitely better in terms of all aspects of your application.

If you are a graduate (or graduate student) then use some sort of Letter Repository service and request your letters as you go along. Look at services like Interfolio for example.

I am already using interfolio. I have some letters collected there but not sure if I will use them. I am contemplating taking a summer class this year and asking for a recommendation from that prof but not sure if I will have enough time to get the recommendations and send it out for secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
They won't review your file until it is "complete". That is, primary, mcat, secondary, and letters. Since you're applying EDP, you need to get in touch with that school about their deadlines.

When are you taking the MCAT?

For EDP schools have to make an initial decision by Aug 15. I'd say you need to have LORs ready at least a month before. Make sure you discuss all of these issues with the school you are applying to. I applied EDP and my school was very helpful on advising me about these types of issues.