What is the easiest DO school to get into, what is the easiest DO to stay in to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bipolardoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the easiest DO school to get into, what is the easiest DO to stay in to? Meaning what DO school is easiest to get in stat wise, which DO school is considered top ranked according to residency placements ease of clinicals and treatment of students. Which DO schools have the best and worse attrition, which ones have the best student support, which ones have the worse student support. Which ones are easiest to fail out of which give second, third, and fourth chances and support you until they make sure you make it...

Members don't see this ad.

Are you planning on failing a lot in med school?

None of these questions have the straightforward, simple answer you're looking for.

What is the easiest DO school to get into, what is the easiest DO to stay in to? Meaning what DO school is easiest to get in stat wise, which DO school is considered top ranked according to residency placements ease of clinicals and treatment of students. Which DO schools have the best and worse attrition, which ones have the best student support, which ones have the worse student support. Which ones are easiest to fail out of which give second, third, and fourth chances and support you until they make sure you make it...

you should call the schools and ask them these questions
"is your school easy to get into? what are chances that i'll fail out?"

Members don't see this ad :)

UMDNJ is one of the hardest school to get into but during my interview I think one of the students stated they if you don't do well in a class, you are assigned a tutor until you improve .

Last edited:
You aren't going to find an attrition rate that's very high at any medical school, MD or DO, because they've invested too much time & money in the students to let them drop out. For every student who does drop out, they could have filled that seat with several other students who would still be paying tuition.

And schools aren't really ranked according to residency placement. I mean, you can look at a match list and say "wow!" or "Eh" but it varies year to year and is really dependent upon specialties.

My goodness you asked a lot of questions. First of all, I would contact each school and see what their minimum requirements are. This way you will be able to formulate a list of schools that fit your range of cGPA, sGPA, and MCAT for this application cycle. Also, by doing this, you are able to choose by location (i.e., if you're from NY and WA doesn't sound good to you, don't call them) and get a narrowed down list for your particular primary application.

As for easiest to stay in (or hardest to fail out of), there's really no such thing. First of all, this is medical school. Although the faculty and staff are here to supplement your learning, if you don't put in the time or the effort that you should be, you will be left behind. You could be held back a year or two, or, if your performance is extremely subpar, dismissed. The other distinguishing factor is the type of program you attend: LDP, ISP, or PBL. In the LDP program, the owness is on you as a student to understand the lectures and supplement them with your books and faculty-to-peer discussions. Moreso in PBL, and probably even moreso in ISP, the bulk of the learning is done on your own during your "free time." If you are not willing to put forth the effort to learn 4 to 7 different pathways from 5 to 9 different books a week, then no amount of faculty innervention will keep you in their school.

Hopefully I cleared up some things.

Good luck.

Yeah all medical schools are hard to get into. You have too look at what each school is looking for and they types of students accepted in previous cycles to see if you are more in their "range."

I know for this cycle I thought some schools i applied were better shots for me than others. I though LECOM bradenton was a sure thing b/c of the schools I applied to it had the lowest average stats, I'm in state, and I applied early, but I was rejected. Others seemed more difficult but I got in there. Basically you never know where you'll end up, if anywhere, after the cycle is over, so don't limit where you apply based on where you think it's easy to get in. Once you're in you have to work hard no matter where you go.

If you have to ask these questions maybe you should reconsider.

Most schools have remediation policies in place so that students who do try aren't down and out.

If you're worried about getting in write a foreign school a check, you'll get in-more than likely.

We get it, you're bipolar. You need "support."

Step 1: Find out about schools by reading SDN
Step 2: Call the schools you like and ask some questions

1 - There probably is no easy DO school to get into.

2 - If you're already fearing failing medical school, then no offense, maybe medical school isn't for you. Already having a lack of confidence illustrates to me that you're not ready for the higher education and your maturity isn't at the level it should be. If you truly wanted this, the thought or idea of failing would not even be in your head.

That being said, the trick to not failing out of medical school is to have your game face on, and be prepared to study and bust your butt off all the time. That goes with anything really. I look at being in med school much like being the head coach of a football team. Get your gameface on, and be prepared to study game tape (notes) for many hours a day, and focus just about everyday on your opponent (class/tests). I know this is super lame, but when you think about it, it's true. You can flop and have a losing record, or you can reign supreme by taking your team to a national title/superbowl win.

I only use this analogy because I really love the game of football lol.

1 - There probably is no easy DO school to get into.

2 - If you're already fearing failing medical school, then no offense, maybe medical school isn't for you. Already having a lack of confidence illustrates to me that you're not ready for the higher education and your maturity isn't at the level it should be. If you truly wanted this, the thought or idea of failing would not even be in your head.

That being said, the trick to not failing out of medical school is to have your game face on, and be prepared to study and bust your butt off all the time. That goes with anything really. I look at being in med school much like being the head coach of a football team. Get your gameface on, and be prepared to study game tape (notes) for many hours a day, and focus just about everyday on your opponent (class/tests). I know this is super lame, but when you think about it, it's true. You can flop and have a losing record, or you can reign supreme by taking your team to a national title/superbowl win.

I agree with your post which also reveals that you must be a diehard football fan:D

I agree with your post which also reveals that you must be a diehard football fan:D

LOL yeah.

As I always say, don't be the RYAN LEAF of medical school. lol That's my word of advice for the person who started this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL yeah.

As I always say, don't be the RYAN LEAF of medical school. lol That's my word of advice for the person who started this thread.

hahaha. Ohhh Ryan Leaf. He entered a career, sucked beyond belief, retired after what like 5 years or something, and is a mutli-millionare. He never has to work a day in his life. If you become the "ryan leaf" of medical school, youll be broke and in debt for the rest of your life. haha.

Which Ryan Leaf?

The addicted-to-painkillers coach-in-the-middle-of-nowhere Ryan Leaf?

The firey jackass Ryan Leaf?

The worst QB in the history of the NFL Ryan Leaf?

Which Ryan Leaf?

The one that still has more money in his bank account then I can dream of having for most of my life.

The easiest school to get into is the one you're accepted to. The hardest one is the one you're rejected from. Seriously, so much crap goes into it. My stats are below the averages of most to all DO schools, yet I got interviews at KCOM, AZCOM, NSU, LECOM-B, Touro-CA, LMU-DCOM, PCOM-GA (didn't go), and then FSU and FIU for MD. It is a very weird process. No idea how one is harder to fail out than the other. You take the same crap at each school.

Last edited:
Which Ryan Leaf?

LOL I laughed so hard when I read the article about him wanting painkillers. It seems the guy just can't do anything right. :laugh:

hahaha. Ohhh Ryan Leaf. He entered a career, sucked beyond belief, retired after what like 5 years or something, and is a mutli-millionare. He never has to work a day in his life. If you become the "ryan leaf" of medical school, youll be broke and in debt for the rest of your life. haha.

RYAN LEAF! Talk about going out in a blaze of glory, didn't he talk about super bowl rings at first?

Back to the OPs original topic. If you are so concerned about finding the "easiest" or most lenient institution, are you sure that a career in medicine is right for you? Not many patients, or attendings, are going to give you "second, third, and fourth chances and support you until they make sure you make it"

The person asking the original question demonstrates humility, which speaks well about that individual's character. I think that a certain healthy degree of modesty is quite all right and may be preferred to over-confidence so frequently seen among premeds.

Most, if not all, medical school offers counseling and tutoring at no charge to their students. You can check out their student guide or just call the school and ask.

The person asking the original question demonstrates humility, which speaks well about that individual's character. I think that a certain healthy degree of modesty is quite all right and may be preferred to over-confidence so frequently seen among premeds.
No I agree with that. I think there's a difference between cockiness/overconfidence and confidence. I've met a lot of pre-meds who are extremely cocky.

But this was like throwing in the towel before it even starts. Not only that, but I found it disrespectful for both other pre med students and the medical institutions themselves.