What is the purpose of a secondary application??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugar_creek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if your DAT is average, and gpa is at border line.. and still got a secondary application?? What does it mean..??

They just want your money, or you have a chance of getting in ????

Members don't see this ad.

sugar_creek said:
What if your DAT is average, and gpa is at border line.. and still got a secondary application?? What does it mean..??

yes and maybe

I'm happy and at the same time.. scared!!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
the only way to win is to play the game

sugar_creek said:

which school send you a secondary application? just wondering

everyone gets a secondary so it really doesn't mean much. however, getting an interview, means theres something about your application that looks promising.

kimsaekyu said:
which school send you a secondary application? just wondering

Thanks..

I got one from

Detriot, Meharry, and one from kansas

Secondaries do not not mean squat! Everybody that applies to a school that has a secondary app will have to fill that out to complete the application. Although there are a few schools that will not require a secondary unless you get asked for an interview.

It's all about the $$$. Of course, if you don't send it in, you have a 0% chance of acceptance.

I think secondaries are also a way to separate who is serious. I've contemplated not doing one of mine (and saving the extra $70). I don't really think they give them out selectively. For example UCSF sent me a postcard saying to do the secondary, I highly doubt they looked over my application before they sent that postcard, other than to get my mailing address.