What is the timeline for hearing back for an interview and then for acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tros0836

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering what the timeline looks like for possibly being asked for an interview after the application is sent, and then how long after the interview do you find out if you are accepted or not? Another timeline question is if you are accepted, then how long do you get to make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming you mean dental school and not optometry school...... Interviews are scattered from about aug-dec. (and even into as late as march-april). First round of acceptances go out Dec.1 for all schools. you get 45 days to decide. you can get acceptances any day from Dec. 1st on. more likely you will have to wait till mid jan. or early feb. for a second round of acceptances..

Members don't see this ad :)
I see you're trying to coordinate future plans with your fiance. I'll tell you that compared to the optometry world, it takes a while. I was surprised when my opt friend applied, interviewed, and was accepted in only 6 weeks! It's possible to even be accepted over year after applying. It's rare, but it can happen.

Play around on predents and that can help you get a feel for all that too.