Program-Specific Info / Q's What is UIC's OTD program like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sloanetaylor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's my number one school - will be applying for Summer/Fall 2018 entry. What was the class load like? What specific things do you like about UIC's program v others? Are students at UIC hyper-competitive or do they like to work together and help their peers? Thanks for any input! Any other comments about non-academic pursuits, living in Chicago, etc. would be very much appreciated as well!

Members don't see this ad.

It's my number one school - will be applying for Summer/Fall 2018 entry. What was the class load like? What specific things do you like about UIC's program v others? Are students at UIC hyper-competitive or do they like to work together and help their peers? Thanks for any input! Any other comments about non-academic pursuits, living in Chicago, etc. would be very much appreciated as well!
I am a Uic undergrad alum and I have to say living in Chicago in little Italy was the absolute best experience of my life. If I had the grades I would be applying there as well. The faculty in the OT department are incredible and Uic in its entirety is amazing. Best of luck!

I am not a student, but I did go to an info session and the current student said that everyone has a "we are all in this together" attitude. They create Google docs for studying, and more!

My experience at UIC was great! The professors are very helpful and knowledgeable. It was not competitive at all, definitely a we're-all-in-this-together mentality. The campus is alright, made up of mostly students at UIC or Rush, and it's a short train ride to the rest of the city. Only 6 or so of us actually lived on campus, the rest commuted from other areas of the city or the suburbs. Hope that helps!